Arizona Fall to Americans 3-5 Loss
Prescott Valley, AZ - The Arizona Sundogs hung on until the end falling to the Allen Americans in a 3-5 loss Friday night at Tim's Toyota Center. The Sundogs gave up two goals in the last six minutes in the third period allowing the Americans to take the lead.
Ian Schultz scored on the power play 8:50 into the opening frame when Kale Kerbashian was issued two minutes for tripping. Kevin Baker and Ryan Gaucher each collected the assists. Greger Hanson put Allen on the board with under three minutes remaining in the period and with 57 seconds left in the period Arizona answered back when Bryan Cameron scored for Arizona.
Arizona would give Allen the man-advantage 8:58 in the second when Dion Campbell served a minor for too many men and 17 seconds later Paul Mcilveen was called for boarding. The Americans took advantage of their 5-on3 power play scoring their second goal and tying the game. Heading into the third period four goals were scored between both teams and Arizona's second power play goal of the night. It was a back and forth as each team fought for the lead and the game winner until Phil Fox scored with under a minute left in regulation on an empty net. 12:03 into the period and Hanson scored his second of the night and 1:06 later Arizona's Mcilveen with assists from Gaucher and Baker scored on the power play. Allen notched their fourth goal of the evening when Alex Lavoie lit the lamp.
Sundogs netminder Andrew Engelage took the lost for the Sundogs ending his five game win streak. Arizona outshot Allen 38-34. Arizona was 2-4 on the power play and Allen was 1-4 on the power play.
The Sundogs and Americans wrap up their three-game series tomorrow night at Tim's Toyota Center.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Sundogs Close out Series, Lose 4-1 to Americans - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Takes Lead in Season Series - Denver Cutthroats
- Beast Score Twice Late; Edge Chill in Shootout - St. Charles Chill
- Thunder Climb Back for 3-2 Shootout Win at Missouri - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Beat Arizona Again to Win the Series - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Take 1 Point against Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blast Tulsa 9-3; Ruskowski Moves into Third Place in CHL - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Clobbered by Mallards in Ugly 9-3 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Andrew Courtney Suspended 2 Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Upended by Beast 3-2 on Black Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Arizona Fall to Americans 3-5 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Chill Fights to the End in 4-3 Loss - St. Charles Chill
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.