RailHawks Add NASL Best XI Defender Hamilton
CARY, NC - With only one day until the Carolina RailHawks open the 2013 NASL Spring Season against the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Saturday, April 6th, the RailHawks have added 2012 NASL Best XI defender Paul Hamilton. The 25-year-old defender joined the RailHawks preseason a week ago and will be available for selection on Saturday night. The Calgary-native played the past two seasons for FC Edmonton recording 4,258 minutes in 51 appearances.
"Paul is a great addition to the team and we are excited to have him," said RailHawks head coach Colin Clarke. "He has been one of the better defenders in the league, being voted to the Best XI, and he brings added experience and knowledge of the league to our backline. He is a great addition to the club on and off the field."
Hamilton's week first saw him travel to Charleston, SC to join the RailHawks prior to their final preseason match against the Charleston Battery before arriving into Cary, NC and training with the team at WakeMed Soccer Park. The 6-foot centerback will look to contribute immediately to a Carolina defense seeking to improve upon, a league high, 46 goals allowed in 2012, tied with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers and Atlanta Silverbacks. Hamilton becomes the first Canadian in the club's 7-year existence to wear the orange and navy for the RailHawks.
Hamilton and his new RailHawks teammates will travel to Tampa Bay to open the NASL Spring Season on Saturday, April 6th against the reigning NASL Champion Rowdies at 7:30pm. A live broadcast of the match will be available at www.CarolinaRailHawks.com/live. The RailHawks will return to Cary in preparation for the Grand Opening of the New WakeMed Soccer Park on Saturday, April 13th at 7:00pm. The match will be broadcast on live television on WRAL2 and streamed over www.CarolinaRailHawks.com and 99.9-HD3 The Ticket. Tickets for the match are available by calling the St. Lawrence Homes Box Office at 919-459-8144 or by e-mailing Tickets@CarolinaRailHawks.com. The first 2,000 to the Grand Opening of the New WakeMed Soccer Park will receive a complimentary 12th man t-shirt courtesy of the Town of Cary and WakeMed Health and Hospital.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from April 5, 2013
- Reserved Seats for Strikers' Home Opener Sold Out - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Scorpions Home Games to Air on KSAT 12, MeTV - San Antonio Scorpions
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Kick off 2013 NASL Season on Saturday - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Minnesota United FC Opens Season Saturday - Minnesota United FC
- FCE Match Preview & Press Notes - FC Edmonton
- Virginia Cavalry FC Release Official Team Shield - Virginia Cavalry
- Reserved Seats for Strikers' Home Opener Sold Out; Only GA Tickets Remain - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- RailHawks Add NASL Best XI Defender Hamilton - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.