Quincy Carter signs two year extension through 2010
The Kansas City Brigade have signed quarterback Quincy Carter to a two year extension. His new deal will keep him with the Kansas City Brigade through the 2010 season.
Carter (6-foot-2, 215-pounds, Georgia), became a member of the Brigade on May 7th. He spent several weeks on the practice squad before making his AFL debut on May 31st. The former SEC freshman of the year has started three games for the Brigade. In those starts Carter passed for 575 yards and eight touchdowns. Carter also added one rushing touchdown.
Co-Owner Neil Smith said, "We need a boost at the quarterback position, and we think Quincy can give that to us. In the AFL the quarterback is the most important position and we need to give Quincy a fair chance to excel. If we give Quincy a chance to learn the AFL game we think he will improve. He needs to keep studying the game but we did see some things that we liked. With time we think Quincy can be a great quarterback in this league."
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 23, 2008
- OurSports Central announces AFL Players of the Week - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Quincy Carter signs two year extension through 2010 - Kansas City Brigade
- Crush Wild Card Week Schedule - Colorado Crush
- Soul Playoff Daily - Philadelphia Soul
- 2008 AFL Playoffs: Wild Card Round Date and Time Announced - Colorado Crush
- Dragons Willis Out For Remainder Of The Season - New York Dragons
- Columbus Destroyers Head Coach Doug Kay Will Not Return Next Season - Columbus Destroyers
- Rampage to Face Arizona Monday Night in AFL Wild Card Round - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Virgin Mobile USA Becomes First Arenabowl Eentitlement Sponsor - AFL I
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Brigade Stories
- Brigade Responds To Arena Football League's Announcement Regarding Suspending Play For 2009 Season
- Skip Foster Joins Brigade Coaching Staff As Offensive Coordinator
- Kansas City Brigade announce open tryout date
- Quincy Carter invited to Miami Dolphins training camp
- Quincy Carter signs two year extension through 2010