Quincy Carter invited to Miami Dolphins training camp
Current Kansas City Brigade quarterback, Quincy Carter has been invited to Miami Dolphins training camp for a workout. Carter was extended the invitation by current Dolphins Executive Vice President of Football Operations Bill Parcells. Carter and the current Dolphins staff are familiar with each other. Carter played under then head coach Parcells in 2003 with the Dallas Cowboys. Carter led the team to a 10-6 record and a playoff appearance. Current Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano was also on staff under Parcells.
"The Brigade are proud of Quincy Carter for his work on and off the field. While we still anticipate him being with us next season, we also wish the best for him. We will stay in touch with each other and see what develops," said Brigade Executive Director Brad Likens.
Carter joined the Brigade late in the 2008 season and made three starts under center. The former Georgia Bulldog standout recently signed a two year extension with the Brigade through 2010. In three starts Carter passed for 575 yards and nine total touchdowns (one rushing).
Carter last played in the NFL in 2004 with the New York Jets.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from July 31, 2008
- Assistant Coach Rod Miller to Rejoin Rampage Next Season - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Mayor Nutter Congratulates Soul On Championship - Philadelphia Soul
- Additions to the Soul Championship Celebration Announced - Philadelphia Soul
- Soul Generate 5.3 Local Rating for ArenaBowl XXII - Philadelphia Soul
- Philadelphia Soul Championship Celebration Set - Philadelphia Soul
- Quincy Carter invited to Miami Dolphins training camp - Kansas City Brigade
- Rush Promotes Schwartze To Defensive Coordinator - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Brigade Stories
- Brigade Responds To Arena Football League's Announcement Regarding Suspending Play For 2009 Season
- Skip Foster Joins Brigade Coaching Staff As Offensive Coordinator
- Kansas City Brigade announce open tryout date
- Quincy Carter invited to Miami Dolphins training camp
- Quincy Carter signs two year extension through 2010