Quakes Earn 13th Shutout of Year with Win at Lancaster
Lancaster, CA - Leo Crawford dominated over six innings and the Quakes snapped a four-game skid at The Hangar, earning a convincing a 9-0 win over the JetHawks on Wednesday night, helping Rancho improve to 5-1 on the current road trip.
The shutout is Rancho's first in the Dodgers' era at Lancaster and first since they had back-to-back shutouts at Lancaster in July of 2010.
Crawford (8-0) scattered five hits over six innings, before turning it over to the Rancho bullpen, with Logan Salow and Dan Jagiello combining to retire all nine hitters they faced to close it out.
Offensively, Rancho got a three-RBI game from both Connor Wong and Jared Walker to pace Rancho's 11-hit attack.
Omar Estevez had an eighth-inning double to extend his personal hit streak to 20 straight games, tying the Cal League high in 2018.
Carlos Rincon homered in the ninth, for his 12th of the year, capping the scoring at 9-0.
Lancaster starter Brandon Gold (9-9) pitched well over six innings, giving up just a Connor Wong two-run double in the fifth, but was saddled with the defeat.
?The Quakes (83-52, 48-17) and JetHawks will go back at it on Thursday in the rubber game of the three-game series. Edwin Uceta (0-0) will take on Ty Culbreth (5-8), with first pitch at 6:35pm.
On Friday, the Quakes return to LoanMart Field for Family RV $1 Family Feast Night, with hot dogs, Pepsi products and ice cream sandwiches just one dollar throughout the game. Tickets to the game are available online at rcquakes.com or by calling (909) 481-5000. Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Ports Topple Giants 11-5, Sweep Series - Stockton Ports
- Giants Fall 11-5, Swept by Stockton - San Jose Giants
- Matt Shoemaker Strong in Rehab Appearance, Sixers Stop Skid - Inland Empire 66ers
- Register Today for a FREE Chevy Youth Soccer Clinic - Modesto Nuts
- Ports' Final Regular-Season Homestand to be Filled with Promotions - Stockton Ports
- Two-Run Homers Help Ports to 9-3 Win - Stockton Ports
- Bullpen Shines in Comeback Win - Visalia Rawhide
- Stockton Powers Past Giants, 9-3 - San Jose Giants
- Bullpen Surrenders Lead in 5-2 Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Quakes Earn 13th Shutout of Year with Win at Lancaster - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rancho Cucamonga Shuts out JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Stories
- Quakes Named 2018 Cal League Organization of the Year
- Quakes Are Cal League Champions
- Quakes One Win Away After Hammering Visalia
- Quakes Win Game 1 in Visalia
- Quakes Advance to Championship Series