PrairieThunder Inks Liambas
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - Bloomington PrairieThunder coach Jarrod Skalde announced the signing Tuesday of rookie forward Mike Liambas. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.
The 23-year-old Liambas has played the last three seasons with the Erie Otters of the Ontario Junior Hockey League. He played only five games at the start of the season before suffering a hip injury. He returned to the Otters for the playoffs.
During his three-year career in Erie, the Woodbridge, Ontario native has five goals and six assists for 11 points with 340 penalty minutes in 120 games. He will wear No. 34 and be in the PrairieThunder lineup for Tuesday's game at Port Huron.
To make room for Liambas on the roster, forward John Nail was put on the season-ending injury list with a torn muscle in his arm.
In another move Tuesday, Skalde announced that Andy Kelly will serve as the team's emergency back-up goalie for the game at Port Huron. He will replace Ryan Ludzik, who is out with ankle injury, and wear No. 33.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from March 31, 2009
- Icehawks earn seventh shutout of season - Port Huron Icehawks
- Bloomington shut out 4-0 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- PrairieThunder Inks Liambas - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Playoff Strips Available Thursday - Kalamazoo Wings
- 2008 IHL Playoffs MVP Re-joins Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bagron Earns Honor - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.