Powered by Pratto and Matias, Legends Take Game Two over Suns
MUNICIPAL STADIUM (Hagerstown, MD) - Led by home runs by Nick Pratto and Seuly Matias, the Lexington Legends took game two 4-1 over the Hagerstown Suns. The Legends improve to 21-16 in the second half of the season and remain 0.5 games out of second place in the Southern Division behind the Greenville Drive.
The Legends blasted ahead of the Suns in the top of the first inning. Nick Pratto drew a walk then Seuly Matias launched his 31st home run of the season, and Lexington led 2-0. Matias continues to set a new single season franchise record for most home runs with every homer he hits.
Hagerstown scored their only run in the bottom of the fourth inning. Armond Upshaw hit a leadoff double to left field. Alex Dunlap then singled Upshaw home, and the Suns cut into the Legends' lead, 2-1.
Lexington secured the victory in the top of the eighth inning. Jeison Guzman reached on a bunt single down the first baseline. Pratto then smacked a two-run homer to left centerfield, and the Legends held onto their 4-1 lead.
Daniel Lynch earned the win for the Legends, tossing 5.0 innings allowing one run on five hits while walking one and striking out four. Tomas Alastre was given the loss pitching 7.0 innings allowing two runs on five hits while walking two and striking out five.
The Legends and Suns meet for the series finale, tomorrow August 1 at 10:35 a.m. Lexington will send RHP Carlos Hernandez (6-5, 3.48 ERA) to face RHP Andrew Lee (3-2, 5.03 ERA).
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Nick Pratto of the Lexington Legends awaits a pitch
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 31, 2018
- Stellar Sulser Carries Power to 3-1 Victory - West Virginia Power
- Dibrell Delivers Six Sharp Innings on Tuesday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Late Rally Fuels 'Claws Past 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Powered by Pratto and Matias, Legends Take Game Two over Suns - Lexington Legends
- Crawdads Launch Four Homers to Hand RiverDogs Fifth Straight Loss - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Win 5th Straight with 3-1 Victory at Delmarva - Lakewood BlueClaws
- 'Dads Beat Charleston in Grand Style - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Defeat Tourists in Tuesday's Opener; Game Two Suspended - Greenville Drive
- Suns Fall 4-1 Tuesday Night - Hagerstown Suns
- Rain Postpones Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tonight's Game Postponed - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 31 vs. West Virginia (Game 104) - Columbia Fireflies
- RiverDogs Announce Otterline as Director of Operations - Charleston RiverDogs
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 31) - West Virginia Power
- Minor League Baseball Continues to Promote Acceptance and Inclusion Through 'MiLB CommUNITY' Initiative - SAL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Drops Game One to Hagerstown
- Lexington Legends Announce Summer Concert Featuring Ludacris, Waka Flocka and More June 15
- Legends Fall to Fireflies in Series Finale
- Lexington Takes Series over Columbia with 3-1 Victory
- Bubic Fans Career High 12 in 8-4 Legends Victory