'Dads Beat Charleston in Grand Style
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads defeated the Charleston RiverDogs 7-3 on Tuesday night. With a win last night in the series opener, the 'Dads have secured the victory in the three game series.
Crawdads leadoff hitter Yonny Hernandez sent the third pitch he saw over the fence to give the 'Dads a 1-0 lead. Hernandez has now homered in consecutive games after hitting 1 homerun in the first 246 games of his minor league career. Ryan Dorow was hit by a pitch in the next at bat. Tyreque Reed and Yohel Pozo walked to load the bases for the 'Dads. Sam Huff delivered a grand slam to put the 'Dads ahead 5-0. The grand slam is the Crawdads second of the season, the first came from Ryan Dorow in May, also against Charleston.
'Dads starter Reid Anderson started the game off by retiring the first ten batters he faced. The RiverDogs scored twice in the fifth inning to cut the Crawdads lead to three. They added a run in the seventh, Anderson's final inning of the night. He allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits and one walk, throwing just 78 pitches. He struck out five batters.
Sam Huff went deep for the second time of the night in the bottom of the seventh to make the score 6-3. It is Huff's second multi-homer game with five RBIs in the past week.
Tyreque Reed hit the 'Dads fourth homer of the night in the eighth to extend the lead to four.
Demarcus Evans closed out the game, pitching a scoreless eighth and ninth inning. He earned his fourth save of the season.
The homestand will conclude tomorrow at noon. Right hander AJ Alexy will take the mound as the 'Dads look to complete the sweep.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 31, 2018
- Stellar Sulser Carries Power to 3-1 Victory - West Virginia Power
- Dibrell Delivers Six Sharp Innings on Tuesday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Late Rally Fuels 'Claws Past 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Powered by Pratto and Matias, Legends Take Game Two over Suns - Lexington Legends
- Crawdads Launch Four Homers to Hand RiverDogs Fifth Straight Loss - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Win 5th Straight with 3-1 Victory at Delmarva - Lakewood BlueClaws
- 'Dads Beat Charleston in Grand Style - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Defeat Tourists in Tuesday's Opener; Game Two Suspended - Greenville Drive
- Suns Fall 4-1 Tuesday Night - Hagerstown Suns
- Rain Postpones Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tonight's Game Postponed - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 31 vs. West Virginia (Game 104) - Columbia Fireflies
- RiverDogs Announce Otterline as Director of Operations - Charleston RiverDogs
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 31) - West Virginia Power
- Minor League Baseball Continues to Promote Acceptance and Inclusion Through 'MiLB CommUNITY' Initiative - SAL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.