Pirates Sign Second Wide Receiver for 2021
WORCESTER, MASS. - After re-signing wide receiver Thomas Owens to kickoff free agency last month, the Massachusetts Pirates announced today they are re-signing another wide receiver. Darren Carrington II has been brought back for the 2021 season.
Carrington II was initially brought in for the 2020 season. A former star in the PAC-12, Carrington II played three seasons at the University of Oregon (2014-16) and his senior year at the University of Utah (2017). At Oregon, Carrington II was named 2015 All-Pac-12 Second Team after recording 609 receiving yards and 6 receiving touchdowns. Carrington II was named All-Pac-12 Second Team again in 2017 at Utah, as he finished with career-bests 70 catches and 980 receiving yards.
Following his collegiate career, Carrington II was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dallas Cowboys in 2018. He also spent time with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts in 2018 and 2019. Carrington II is a native of San Diego, California and his father, Darren Carrington I, played eight seasons in the NFL.
The Massachusetts Pirates are members of the Indoor Football League (IFL).
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 7, 2020
- Rookie Receiver Pelletier Signs with Rattlers - Arizona Rattlers
- Third-Year IFL Receiver Augustine Signs with Sugar Skulls - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Shock Sign First Team All-IFL Offensive Lineman Rashaud Mungro - Spokane Shock
- CJ Thornton Returns to Barnstormers - Iowa Barnstormers
- Prescott Valley Indoor Football League team will be known as the Northern Arizona Wranglers - Northern Arizona Wranglers
- Pirates Sign Second Wide Receiver for 2021 - Massachusetts Pirates
- Pirates Add New Face to Secondary - Massachusetts Pirates
- Pirates D-Line Gets NFL Talent - Massachusetts Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.