Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $375,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Dallas
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that they have acquired up to $375,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas in exchange for forward Fafa Picault. In 2020, the Union will receive $300,000 in General Allocation Money and in 2021, the Union will receive an additional $75,000 in General Allocation Money if Picault meets certain performance metrics.
"We thank Fafa for his time served with the Philadelphia Union," said Ernst Tanner, Union Sporting Director. "His charisma on and off the field produced many notable moments for the club. Given our confidence with our roster at the position, this is the best move for club and a great opportunity for the player."
Picault was signed by the Union as a Discovery Signing in February 2017. He played three seasons for the club, making 89 regular-season appearances and 68 starts for the team. He earned 21 goals and 12 assists in that time. Picault was due to be out of contract at the conclusion of 2019.
TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union acquire up to $375,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas in exchange for forward Fafa Picault on November 26, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 26, 2019
- FC Dallas Acquires Philadelphia Union Winger Fafa Picault - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $375,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Jordan Morris Nominated for 2019 U.S. Soccer Male Athlete of the Year - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Mike Ambrose in Stage One of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF, Nashville SC, Sporting KC, and New York Red Bulls Acquire Players in Stage 1 of the Re-Entry Process - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Select Kendall McIntosh in 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Trades for 2nd Overall Pick in the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft Stage 1 to Select Eric Miller - Nashville SC
- Sporting Acquires Richard Sanchez in Re-Entry Draft - Sporting Kansas City
- Matt Hedges Signs New Contract with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Selection - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes, Verizon to Offer Fans Enhanced Matchday Experience - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires First Round Draft Pick from Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Acquires Goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland from Chicago Fire - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York City FC Signs Academy Product Tayvon Gray Who Becomes First Bronx Native to Sign with NYCFC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Kai Wagner to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Agree to Transfer of Defender Mark McKenzie to K.R.C. Genk in Record-Breaking Transfer of a Center Back
- Philadelphia Union Announce Danny Higginbotham as Primary Broadcast Color Analyst
- Philadelphia Union Announce Protected List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft