New York Red Bulls Select Kendall McIntosh in 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft
HARRISON, N.J. - With the 13th pick in the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft, the New York Red Bulls selected Kendall McIntosh. McIntosh's contract option was triggered by being selected in Stage One of the Re-Entry Draft, which put him on New York's roster.
The players selected in Stage One will be exercised with their contract option for 2020, or if they're out of contract, an offer must be extended that is at least equal to the player's 2019 compensation. The players selected in Stage Two can have their contracts renegotiated.
McIntosh, 25, split time as the Portland Timbers backup and Portland Timbers II starter. The Santa Rosa, California, native made his Timbers debut against San Jose in the U.S. Open Cup on June 6, 2018, tallying a clean sheet in the 2-0 victory. He tallied 60 starts and 10 clean sheets with Portland Timbers II since 2016.
For country, McIntosh appeared in the U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team at the Northern Ireland Milk Cup. He was part of the U-14 National Development Program and the U-15 Boys' National Team prior to residency with the U-17s. At the 2011 CONCACAF Championships in Jamaica, McIntosh helped the U.S. to a 3-2 win against El Salvador and pitched shutouts against Jamaica and Canada, allowing the U.S. to move on to the FIFA World Cup in Mexico.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 26, 2019
- FC Dallas Acquires Philadelphia Union Winger Fafa Picault - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $375,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Jordan Morris Nominated for 2019 U.S. Soccer Male Athlete of the Year - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Mike Ambrose in Stage One of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process - Inter Miami
- Inter Miami CF, Nashville SC, Sporting KC, and New York Red Bulls Acquire Players in Stage 1 of the Re-Entry Process - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Select Kendall McIntosh in 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville SC Trades for 2nd Overall Pick in the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft Stage 1 to Select Eric Miller - Nashville SC
- Sporting Acquires Richard Sanchez in Re-Entry Draft - Sporting Kansas City
- Matt Hedges Signs New Contract with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Selection - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes, Verizon to Offer Fans Enhanced Matchday Experience - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires First Round Draft Pick from Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Acquires Goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland from Chicago Fire - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York City FC Signs Academy Product Tayvon Gray Who Becomes First Bronx Native to Sign with NYCFC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for First Preseason Camp
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product John Tolkin
- New York Red Bulls Select Three in 2020 MLS SuperDraft Day Two
- SheBelieves Cup Returns to Red Bull Arena