Phantoms Sign Russian Defenseman Denis Bodrov To AHL Contract
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced today that they have signed defenseman Denis Bodrov to a standard AHL contract for the remainder of the 2009-2010 season.
Bodrov, 23, began the season playing for Atlant Mytishchi in the Russian Kontinental Hockey League, the team that Flyers goaltender Ray Emery played for in 2008-09. In 12 games this year for Atlant he scored one goal and had six penalty minutes. The Moscow, Russia native has spent his entire playing career in Russia, including 13 points in 45 career KHL games for Atlant and Lada Togliatti, but was released by Atlant at the end of November. Bodrov, 6'0", 215 lbs, was drafted by the Flyers in the second round, 55th overall, of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, one of three second round selections made that year by Philadelphia, along with Andreas Nodl (39th) and Michael Ratchuk (42nd).
Beginning Week 18 of the 2009-2010 regular season, Adirondack will head back down to Binghamton for a 7:05 pm face off against the Senators on Wednesday, January 27th at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. The Phantoms return home on Friday, January 29th as they host the B-Sens for a 7:30 pm face off at the Civic Center.
There is no better way to watch Phantoms Hockey than by sharing it with a group of your family and friends. Bring a group of 15 or more people to the Glens Falls Civic Center and qualify for incredible discounted ticket prices off the regular box office rates. For more information about group tickets, contact the Phantoms at 518-480-3355 or visit www.phantomshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2010
- Texas Beats Milwaukee 5-2 - Texas Stars
- Mancari Leads Pirates To Shootout Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Rats Top Sound Tigers In Shootout, 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rats Sink Sound Tigers In Shootout - Albany River Rats
- Enroth Stops Monarchs In Their Tracks - Portland Pirates
- Hershey First Team to 70 Points - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Begin Four-Game Week on Wednesday Morning against Rampage - Toronto Marlies
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Assist Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Wives Sweeten February Games With Valentine Fundraiser - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Bring Back Galivan - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Trim Roster By Two - Providence Bruins
- Time For The Great Skate Winterfest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Season Ticket Party Slated For February 9 - Rockford IceHogs
- Everyone Wins With The New Victory Package - Peoria Rivermen
- Flames Recall Forward Mikael Backlund From Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Salute Tattoos Thursday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Two Players Added To Admirals Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Hey Kids, Try Hockey For Free - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Sign Russian Defenseman Denis Bodrov To AHL Contract - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Announce Community Programs - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon Star Chaske Spencer At DCU Center On January 31st - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins To Celebrate Hockey Day In Michigan - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Johnson Recalled - Connecticut Whale
- Moose Sign Tom Galvin To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Announce "Cory Schneider Bobblehead Night" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Call For Repik - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.