Phantoms Colin Purcell Named to All-Rookie Second Team
Youngstown, Ohio - The Youngstown Phantoms, in conjunction with the United States Hockey League (USHL), has announced that Phantoms Goalie, Colin Purcell has been named to the All-Rookie Second Team for the 2019-2020 season. Purcell is an eligible prospect for the 2020 NHL Draft scheduled for June 26th-27th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec.
Colin Purcell, 18, of Shaker Heights, OH, committed to University of Massachusetts, came to the Youngstown Phantoms as a drafted pick in 2018. Being a first-year goalie in the USHL is extremely difficult, but Collin came in here, won a position battle during the first week of the season and gave us consistent play between the pipes. We had a chance to win every night he was in net. Colin Purcell "It is an honor to be named to the all-rookie second team. I couldn't have done it without my teammates and the staff."
"Colin had a tremendous first year here in Youngstown. His work ethic and approach to the game pave the way for an extremely bright future, both here in Youngstown and beyond. We are all proud of Colin and his accolades and are eagerly looking forward to his return in the Fall," said GM and Head Coach Brad Patterson.
Andrew Goldman, Team President said, "It is incredibly challenging to come into this league as a young player and to have success. For Colin to have the season he did and to watch his development was incredibly rewarding and he deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the work he put in to achieve that success. I am looking forward to watching him continue that growth this upcoming season."
Phantoms Phlex ticket plans for the 2020-2021 season are on sale now starting at just 5 games for $75 including 5 parking passes. Full season tickets start at just $325 for Attaching Zone. All season tickets include a free beer or fountain drink to every game making for an incredible value.
For more information and to purchase Phantoms tickets, call 330-747-PUCK or visit www.youngstownphantoms.com.
Images from this story
Youngstown Phantoms goaltender Colin Purcell
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2020
- Phantoms Colin Purcell Named to All-Rookie Second Team - Youngstown Phantoms
- Musketeers Defenseman Makes USHL All-Rookie Team - Sioux City Musketeers
- Matthew Knies Named to USHL All-Rookie First Team - Tri-City Storm
- Defenseman Nause Named to USHL All-Rookie Team - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Two Steel Players Named to All-USHL Rookie Teams - Chicago Steel
- Saints Millette Announces Commitment to AIC - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Broz Receives USHL Honors - Fargo Force
- Choupani and Lovell Named to USHL All-Rookie Second Team - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Forward Tristan Broz Named to USHL All-Rookie Second Team - Fargo Force
- Hank Kempf Named to USHL All-Rookie Second Team - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Chicago Steel Host Fan Connection Series - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown Phantoms Stories
- Boston Bruins Select Two Youngstown Phantoms in the NHL Draft
- Youngstown Phantoms Acquire Assistant Coach Justin DeMartino
- Youngstown Phantoms Release 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule
- Youngstown Phantoms Acquired Multiple Players Through the 2020 USHL Dispersal Draft
- Phantoms Announce Season Updates