Petes Earn Point against League-Leading 67's
(Peterborough, ON) - The Petes played what Head Coach Rob Wilson called their best game since December before a shootout ultimately determined a 4-3 win for the OHL-leading Ottawa 67's at the Peterborough Memorial Centre on Thursday night. The contest was the maroon and white's 2,000th regular season home game.
Erik ?ermák (8) tied the game at one before Adam Timleck (19) and Ryan Merkley (10) scored to force extra time. Timleck also recorded two assists, while Merkley, Brady Hinz, Max Grondin, and Zach Gallant had single helpers. Nick Robertson and Liam Kirk both scored in the shootout.
Final shots were 37-25 in favour of the Peterborough. The Petes were 1/6 on the power play and 1/2 on the penalty kill.
"That was our best game since Christmas, one hundred percent," noted Wilson following the game. "I told [the players] that if they keep playing like they did tonight, we can win a lot of games down the stretch."
The Petes wrap up a short week on Friday, February 8 at 7:00pm in Kingston where they'll battle the Frontenacs in Peterborough's 4,000th regular season game. The Petes return to home ice on Thursday, February 14 at 7:05pm to host the Barrie Colts. Tickets are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Help the Petes push for playoff positioning with a Playoff Push Flex Pack! For just $69.99 (tax included), fans will receive four regular bowl tickets, four popcorns, and four pops for any Petes home game in February or March. The regular price of this package is $125, which means fans save $55 on the special offer. Contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2019
- Attack Double up the Colts - Barrie Colts
- Petes Earn Point against League-Leading 67's - Peterborough Petes
- Three-Point Nights for Perfetti, Wilde Lead Spirit to Win over Spits - Saginaw Spirit
- Pair from Pearson Powers Attack Past Colts - Owen Sound Attack
- Carter Helps Trout Skate Past the IceDogs - Mississauga Steelheads
- 67's Win Ninth Straight, Clinch Playoff Spot with Shootout Win over Petes - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs Fall 3-1 to Mississauga - Niagara IceDogs
- Talk Today Game Presented by Teachers Life - Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Sarnia Sting - Guelph Storm
- Bulldogs Lose 4-3 to Oshawa in SO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bowl up a Storm at Woodlawn Bowl on February 16th - Guelph Storm
- Preview: Spirit Looking for Season-Series Split with Spitfires - Saginaw Spirit
- Weekend Preview: Steelheads Take on Eastern Conference Leaders - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Curtis Trolley Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies
- Sell out Crowd Treated to Late Game Petes Win over Bulldogs
- Declan Chisholm and Hunter Jones Named to 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Roster
- Select Tickets Remaining for Petes Home Opener on Thursday
- Two Petes Selected to Represent Canada at World U-17 Hockey Challenge