Pelicans too hot for Colts
San Angelo, TX--The Pensacola Pelicans made it 11 straight wins with a 14-4 beating of the San Angelo Colts on Wednesday night. With the win, the Pelicans swept the Colts at home, and have the Colts now stumbling backwards after being swept in consecuite series by Edinburg and now the Pelicans. Pensacola came to San Angelo and just dominated the Colts, nothing illustrates that point better than the composite scores of Pensacola 41, San Angelo 10. In the losing streak, the Colts were beat in Edinburg in tight ballgames, including one that was a walk off loss on a homer. This series however was different as Pensacola took control of the series from the 1st pitch, and kept that dominance right on through the last out tonight. The Pelicans scored 14 times on 14 hits including 3 hit nights from Andy Wilson, Josey Shannon and Mike Rodriguez. The Pelicans had 2 homers: one each for Mike Rodriguez and George Branch. The Colts meanwhile also had 2 long balls as Eddie Gerald hit his 2nd and Bert Aguilar connected on his 3rd. These two teams combined to use 11 pitchers, 6 by Pensacola. The win goes to Byron Batson who pitched the 6th and 7th innings. The loss for the Colts goes to the starter Dallas Mahan. Of the 6 Pensacola pitchers, none went more than 2 innings.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 9, 2004
- 'Runners Streak Past Shreveport - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Jackson Shoot Down Aviators - Jackson Senators
- Pelicans Tame Colts - Pensacola Pelicans
- Back on Track; 'Runners Handle Sports - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Pelicans too hot for Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Senators wallop Aviators, 8-1 - Jackson Senators
- Pensacola's Phil Devey sold to Seattle Mariners - Central League
- Devey Signed by Mariners - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.