Devey Signed by Mariners
The Pelicans announced today that Pelicans pitcher, Phil Devey, has been bought by the Seattle Mariners. Devey was leading the team and the league with his 1.46 ERA. His record was (3-1).
This is not the first time Devey has played for a major league team. He was drafted by the Dodgers in the 5th round of the 1999 draft. He has played for the Dodgers and the Cincinnati Reds organization. Devey played with the Las Vegas 51S, the "AAA" affiliate of the Dodgers from 2001 - 2003.
Devey is headed to San Antonio, TX to play for the San Antonio Missions and is expected to start on Friday.
Devey is the second CBL player to be signed by an affiliated team in a week's time. Edinburg's closer, Jeremy Flanagan, got picked up by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays last week.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 9, 2004
- 'Runners Streak Past Shreveport - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Jackson Shoot Down Aviators - Jackson Senators
- Pelicans Tame Colts - Pensacola Pelicans
- Back on Track; 'Runners Handle Sports - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Pelicans too hot for Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Senators wallop Aviators, 8-1 - Jackson Senators
- Pensacola's Phil Devey sold to Seattle Mariners - Central League
- Devey Signed by Mariners - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team