Pelicans Tame Colts
Pensacola kept rolling with a 14-4 stomping of the San Angelo Colts. Using six different pitchers, the Pelicans had everyone in the right place, limiting the Colts to eight hits and rapping out fourteen themselves. Josey Shannon was 3-for-4 with three batted in for Pensacola, and Mike Rodriguez finished 3-for-5 with a homer and four batted in.
Byron Batson started for Pensacola, but was pulled in favor of Gerardo Casadiego after two innings of one-hit ball. Casadiego was then pulled after one run in two innings, and the pitcher-by-committee approach continued rather successfully. Richard Dobson, the fourth pitcher for the Pelicans, pitched scoreless sixth and seventh innings to get the win. The Pelicans scored four in the seventh, including a George Branch homer to left.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 9, 2004
- 'Runners Streak Past Shreveport - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Jackson Shoot Down Aviators - Jackson Senators
- Pelicans Tame Colts - Pensacola Pelicans
- Back on Track; 'Runners Handle Sports - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Pelicans too hot for Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Senators wallop Aviators, 8-1 - Jackson Senators
- Pensacola's Phil Devey sold to Seattle Mariners - Central League
- Devey Signed by Mariners - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team