Jackson Shoot Down Aviators
Nick Vandegriff dominated the Coastal Bend Aviators, pitching the Jackson Senators to an 8-1 victory. Vandegriff threw 8 innings, yielding one earned run on seven hits while striking out 5. He allowed no walks. A two-run Josh Hoffpauir double highlighted the four-run second for Jackson, which was more than the Sens would need. Gerard McCall finished 2-for-3 for Jackson with a double and three batted in. Hoffpauir finished 2-for-5 with a stolen base.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 9, 2004
- 'Runners Streak Past Shreveport - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Jackson Shoot Down Aviators - Jackson Senators
- Pelicans Tame Colts - Pensacola Pelicans
- Back on Track; 'Runners Handle Sports - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Pelicans too hot for Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Senators wallop Aviators, 8-1 - Jackson Senators
- Pensacola's Phil Devey sold to Seattle Mariners - Central League
- Devey Signed by Mariners - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.