Pelicans take game one against Aviators
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Coastal Bend Aviators began a three game series against the Pensacola Pelicans on Tuesday night at Fairgrounds Field.
A pitcher's duo between Pedro Flores (Coastal Bend) and Clint Sodowsky (Pensacola) was the fable of the night. Flores pitched six strong innings, scattering 4 hits and no runs. His counterpart was equally impressive going eight and two third innings, surrendering nine hits, and one run. Flores was the Defensive Player of the Game for Coastal Bend.
Four runs in the eighth inning sealed the victory for the Pensacola Pelicans. Though the Aviators would not go quietly as they loaded the bases in the ninth before reliever Tony Pierce picked up his fifth save of the season.
Come out to the ballpark at Fairgrounds Field for Little League Night, first pitch 7:05. Catch all the action live by tuning in to ESPN 1230 KSIX OR 1150 KCCT (Check local listings) Call 361-387-8585 for all ticketing needs, or visit the ticket office at the ballpark when in town.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 13, 2006
- 'Snakes routed in El Paso - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- American Association recaps - AA
- Pelicans take game one against Aviators - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Canaries fall 6-5 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Cats to honor Bob Schieffer with Bob-blehead June 16 - Fort Worth Cats
- Pensacola Pelicans and Cox Sports Television Announce Three-Game Broadcast Package - Pensacola Pelicans
- Blacksnakes General Manager Resigns - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.