Pearson, Fisher Cats Return Home Monday - Wednesday
MANCHESTER, N.H. - It's been a tale of two teams through the season's first six weeks for the 2019 New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate). The same squad that scored one run in eight of 12 games between April 25 and May 8 then exploded for 27 runs on 34 hits from May 9-11.
Winners of three straight, the Fisher Cats welcome the Reading Fightin Phils (Philadelphia Phillies) to Delta Dental Stadium for a three-game series this week. Monday's game is a doubleheader, featuring two seven-inning games starting at 5:35 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday's contests will be nine-inning games.
Top Blue Jays pitching prospect Nate Pearson is scheduled to throw Game 2 of the doubleheader on Monday. Pearson was superb in his Double-A debut on May 7 in Portland, when he blanked the Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox) on two hits over five innings. He struck out eight batters without issuing a walk.
Santiago Espinal continues to terrorize Eastern League pitching. Traded to the Blue Jays in the Steve Pearce deal last year, Espinal erupted for seven hits in 11 at-bats in Binghamton and plated five RBI in one game (Friday). He leads the 'Cats with a .317 batting average and 23 runs batted in.
MLB.com's #30 Blue Jays prospect Riley Adams came up clutch on Saturday, when he clubbed a go-ahead home run in the top of the ninth to lead the 'Cats to a 6-4 win over the Rumble Ponies (New York Mets) and a series win this past weekend. The dinger was his first in Double-A and part of a three-hit showing.
Not to be outdone, Patrick Murphy worked six hitless innings on May 9 at Hadlock Field in Portland and held the Sea Dogs scoreless over seven frames with seven strikeouts. The #18 Blue Jays prospect (MLB.com) is set to start on Tuesday night.
Fisher Cats vs. Reading Fightin Phils (Monday-Wednesday)
Monday, May 13 @ 5:35 p.m. - DOUBLEHEADER + Meme Monday
What better way to celebrate the Internet's most notorious creation (Memes!) than with TWO games in one day? Get your 14-inning fix while we show of our favorite Fisher Cat meme creations on the video board.
Tuesday, May 14 @ 6:35 p.m. - 1860s Night + Tallboy Tuesday
Break out your petticoats and top hats! We've partnered with the Millyard Museum to roll it all the way back to the 19th century for a night of old-fashioned fun. 24oz Miller, Coors and Twisted Tea will be available for $5 (2019 price) in the Sam Adams Brewhouse and Fabrizia Summer Shack until first pitch.
Wednesday, May 15 @ 10:35 a.m. - STEM in the Stadium
Southern New Hampshire University has joined forces with the Fisher Cats to invite schools from across New Hampshire, Massachusetts & Maine to join us for a day of learning and fun! We'll have interactive exhibits on the concourse, a pregame educational program, and of course, plenty of action between the lines.
For tickets to these games or any other, visit NHFisherCats.com, call 603-641-2005 or stop by the box office at Delta Dental Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Curve Denied Sweep of SeaWolves in Blowout Loss - Altoona Curve
- Erie Salvages the Series with 14-4 Mother's Day Victory - Erie SeaWolves
- Pearson, Fisher Cats Return Home Monday - Wednesday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Akron RubberDucks at Reading Fightin Phils Postponed to June 19 - Akron RubberDucks
- Rain Washes Away Series Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Senators and Hartford Postponed in Hartford Sunday - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs and Thunder Postponed on Sunday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Thunder and Sea Dogs Rained out Sunday - Trenton Thunder
- Fightins and RubberDucks Postponed - Reading Fightin Phils
- Hartford Yard Goats Game Postponed - Hartford Yard Goats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Strong Start from Perez Overshadowed in 4-0 Loss to Portland
- Forrest Wall's 8th-Inning Homer Powers Fisher Cats to 2-0 Win
- Fisher Cats Hit Three More Homers, Drop Series Finale in Hartford
- Another Smith HR, Four Hits from Mineo Not Enough in 11-9 Loss
- Future Red Sox Back in Town Monday for 3-Game Homestand