Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
WILMINGTON - The NBA G League announced today that Paul Reed, a.k.a. "Bball Paul," was named to the 2021 All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team. Named the league's Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year on Monday, the 76ers second-round draft pick averaged 22.3 points, 11.8 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.8 blocks for the Delaware Blue Coats. Reed is the first player in Delaware franchise history to receive either All-NBA G League First Team or All-Rookie Team honors.
Among qualified players, Reed ranked third in the NBA G League in scoring and rebounding and tied for third in steals. He also recorded a league-high 12 double-doubles. Among rookies, Reed was the league leader in rebounds per game and offensive rebounds per game (4.6), and he ranked second in scoring, tied for second in steals and seventh in blocks.
Overall, Reed is the fourth player in Delaware franchise history to earn selection to an All-NBA G League team, joining Christian Wood (2017-17 Second Team), Shawn Long (2016-17 Second Team) and Jordan McRae (2015-16 Third Team). He is the third player in franchise history to make the All-Defensive Team, joining Norvel Pelle (2018-19) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2013-14).
Each team was selected by NBA G League head coaches and general managers whose teams participated in single-site play at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla.
The other four members of the All-NBA G League First Team are Oklahoma City's Moses Brown, Lakeland's Mamadi Diakite, Westchester's Jared Harper and Rio Grande Valley's Kevin Porter Jr.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2021
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team - Delaware Blue Coats
- Simmons Shines as Swarm Conclude Single-Site Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Ford Scores 27 but Clips Drop Finale to Swarm - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Spurs Close Regular Season, Prepare for Playoff - Austin Spurs
- Vipers to Begin Playoff Play against Santa Cruz - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Play First-Ever Playoff Game on Monday at 8:15 p.m. Et against Austin Spurs - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Falls to Warriors in Overtime - Oklahoma City Blue
- Rockets Recall Porter Jr. and Martin from Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Beat the Blue in Overtime, 113-103 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Fall to Nets in Season Finale - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Six Priority Home Games Announced for 2021-22
- Winning Basketball Spurs Momentum for 21-22
- Reed Collects League Awards with Historic Tally
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
- Paul Reed Named 2021 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year