Pair of Two-Run Innings Push BayBears Past Biscuits
MOBILE, Ala. - The Mobile BayBears, the Double-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels, used a pair of two-run innings to defeat the Montgomery Biscuits 4-1 Wednesday night at Hank Aaron Stadium.
Brendon Sanger and Erick Salcedo both had RBI singles to break a scoreless tie in the top of the fifth. After the Biscuits (7-5) got a run back in the sixth, the BayBears (5-7) added two runs of insurance in the eighth. Jahmai Jones drew a walk with the bases loaded, and Salcedo scored on a wild pitch.
Jeremy Beasley pitched four scoreless innings and worked out of trouble in the first two frames. Montgomery had two runners in scoring position in the first and the bases loaded in the second, but they left seven stranded in the game and went 0-for-8 with RISP.
Michael Santos (1-0) earned the win in his Double-A debut. Santos allowed just one unearned run on two hits in four innings pitched. Zac Ryan picked up his first save with a scoreless ninth.
Despite giving up two runs on four hits in the fifth, Biscuits starter Arturo Reyes (2-1) faced the minimum in his other six innings pitched and allowed just one additional hit. Reyes tossed six perfect innings against Biloxi in his previous start.
The BayBears continue the five-game home series against Montgomery Thursday at 6:35 p.m. Right-handed pitcher Adrian De Horta (0-0, 6.23 ERA) is scheduled to make the start against southpaw Josh Fleming (1-0, 1.50 ERA) for the Biscuits. Live coverage can be seen on MiLB.tv (subscription required, promo code: BAYBEARS) and heard on MobileBayBears.com, the TuneIn app, and the MiLB First Pitch app., with the Countdown to First Pitch starting at 6:15 p.m.
The BayBears host a total of 70 home dates through Labor Day, September 2. The new BayBears Pass is available, featuring a general admission ticket to every BayBears game at Hank Aaron Stadium for only $19.97 per month. Season ticket packages and partial plans are also available, featuring a 7-game plan and a 12-game option to guarantee bobbleheads and receive tickets to select fireworks nights. Individual game tickets can be purchased online at MobileBayBears.com or by calling 251-572-BEAR (2327).
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 17, 2019
- Drink It In: Generals Ruin "Free Beer" Night at Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Pair of Two-Run Innings Push BayBears Past Biscuits - Mobile BayBears
- Six-Run Inning Propels Jackson to a 7-6 Win over the Smokies - Tennessee Smokies
- HRs Power Braves to 3-2 Win over Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Pache, Lockhart Hit Long Balls as M-Braves Win Third Straight - Mississippi Braves
- Biscuits Come up Short against BayBears, 4-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Flores' Gem Silences Jacksonville - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Flores Tosses Gem as Barons Shut out Jumbo Shrimp - Birmingham Barons
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Game Notes, April 17 vs. Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lee to New Orleans, Stevens to Jacksonville - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- 2019 All-Star Event Tickets on Sale Now - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Gameday: April 17 at Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Generals Plan Blow-Out for May 10 - Jackson Generals
- Braves Two Run Seventh Inning Silences Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Shuckers Recover in Extras for Walk-Off Winner over Pensacola - Biloxi Shuckers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.