P-Bruins Week in Review
After a bit of a rough stretch, the Providence Bruins are back to their winning ways and are one of the hottest teams in the Atlantic Division. With a clean sweep of their weekend games, the P-Bruins are on a season-best four game win streak and have jumped up to second in their division. The team is 13-6-2 with 28 points after taking all six possible points in the standings and moving to third place overall in the conference.
The P-Bruins started the weekend off at the Dunk with a 3-2 victory over the Binghamton Devils behind a "Gordie Howe Hat-Trick" from Ryan Fitzgerald. Facing those same Devils Saturday, Jordan Szwarz netted two goals, including a third period game-winner, to wrap up their two game series with a 4-2 win. Providence traveled to Bridgeport for their final game of the weekend Sunday, scoring four unanswered goals to beat the Sound Tigers by a 4-1 final.
Austin Czarnik led the team in scoring for the weekend, posting two goals and three assists for five points. He has taken over as the team leader in season scoring with 18 points and is now in a three-way tie with Szwarz and Colton Hargrove for the lead in goals with seven. Both of his goals came Sunday in Bridgeport with his first tying the game 1-1 and the second coming via an empty netter to seal the win. Both Czarnik and Szwarz had a +5 rating for the weekend with Szwarz taking over the season lead for rating at +12.
In net Zane McIntyre was strong in his two starts, stopping 54 of 57 shots for a save percentage of 94.7%. It hasn't been the smoothest of starts for the All-Star goaltender, but December of last season was when he played his best and the P-Bruins hope that will be the case again this season. Backup Jordan Binnington continues to impress when given his chance, as he stopped 25 of 27 shots Saturday night in his lone weekend appearance.
For the only time this season, the P-Bruins will play three home games in three days starting Friday at 7:05pm against the Wolf Pack. The team then welcomes the Utica Comets to town for back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday, with Sunday's 3:05pm face-off marking the 2,000th regular season game in the history of the Providence Bruins franchise.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2017
- Tickets for Pins and Pucks on Sale Now; Bowl with the Team on January 23 - Ontario Reign
- Teddy Bear Toss presented by Frontier Communications is Saturday, December 16! - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Fly by Gulls - Chicago Wolves
- Dustin Tokarski turns in 39-save shutout performance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Adam Erne Nets Hat Trick in 6-1 Win over Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Snap Comets Point Streak - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Saarijarvi, Borkowski Re-Join Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ontario Reign Staff Move over 740 Miles and Raise over $2,000 During November - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward Rocco Grimaldi to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Bleackley Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rangers Sign Free Agent Goaltender Marek - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Joseph Zakrzewski Named New IceHogs Broadcaster - Ontario Reign
- D T.J. Brennan, G Alex Lyon Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Announce Four Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Two Home - Rochester Americans
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Iowa Falls to Texas in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- San Antonio Drops 5-1 Decision to Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
- Gust Gets Two as Condors Cruise in San Antonio, 5-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- RANGERS RECALL ALEXANDAR GEORGIEV FROM HARTFORD - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, Dec 13 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moulson Returns to Southern California for First Time Since 2008-09 Season - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hanley to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hillside Family of Agencies to Hold - Syracuse Crunch
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- First-Place Penguins Prepare for Another Busy Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Season Ends in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Phantoms
- Two Goals from Lindblom Lead Phantoms over P-Bruins in Game Three
- Cehlarik Lifts Providence to Game Two Win
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 in Game One Despite Two Goals from Fitzgerald
- P-Bruins vs Phantoms: Round One Series Preview