Penguins Announce Four Roster Moves
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) have reassigned forward Freddie Tiffels and defenseman Ethan Prow from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL). Furthermore, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has assigned forward Troy Josephs to Wheeling, and goalie Colin Stevens has been released from his professional tryout agreement.
Tiffels, 22, has posted three goals and seven assists for 10 points over the course of the first nine ECHL games of his career. The Cologne, Germany native has appeared in five games for the Penguins this season and scored his first AHL goal on Nov. 25, 2017 against the Syracuse Crunch.
Prow has played in six games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season, picking up an assist on Nov. 11, 2017 against the Hershey Bears. The former Hobey Baker Award Finalist skated in 59 games for the Penguins last season and registered 16 points (1G-15A). Prow, 25, also appeared in one game for Wheeling last season, posting two assists in that lone contest on Oct. 20, 2016 against the Reading Royals.
Josephs is returning from injury and has not played any games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season. Last season, the 23-year old forward led Clarkson University in goals (20) during his senior year. Josephs, who hails from Whitby, Ontario, joined Wilkes-Barre/Scranton following the conclusion of his college campaign and suited up for 13 regular season games and one Calder Cup Playoff game for the Penguins. Josephs notched one goal and one assist for the Penguins in that time.
Stevens recently earned his first AHL win in his first AHL start on Friday, Dec. 1 against the Milwaukee Admirals. The 24-year-old goaltender from Niskayuna, New York put forth 29 saves to earn an overtime victory for the Penguins over the Admirals. Stevens will also report to Wheeling, where has played three games this year and posted a 2-0-1 record. Stevens owns a .907 save percentage and a 3.27 goals against average with the Nailers.
The Penguins' next game is tonight, Wednesday, Dec. 6, when they travel to PPL Center to take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next home game is Friday, Dec. 8 against the Charlotte Checkers. The Checkers' visit to Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza is also a WBRE/WYOU Eyewitness News Fan Friday. All tickets for non-glass seating for Dec. 8's contest are $14, and select draught beers are $2 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Puck drop between the Penguins and Checkers is 7:05 p.m. Individual tickets for all Penguins home games are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza at Casey Plaza box office, online at TicketMaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.
Season ticket packages for the 19th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 22-game, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by contacting the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2017
- Tickets for Pins and Pucks on Sale Now; Bowl with the Team on January 23 - Ontario Reign
- Teddy Bear Toss presented by Frontier Communications is Saturday, December 16! - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Fly by Gulls - Chicago Wolves
- Dustin Tokarski turns in 39-save shutout performance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Adam Erne Nets Hat Trick in 6-1 Win over Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Snap Comets Point Streak - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Saarijarvi, Borkowski Re-Join Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ontario Reign Staff Move over 740 Miles and Raise over $2,000 During November - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward Rocco Grimaldi to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Bleackley Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rangers Sign Free Agent Goaltender Marek - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Joseph Zakrzewski Named New IceHogs Broadcaster - Ontario Reign
- D T.J. Brennan, G Alex Lyon Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Announce Four Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Two Home - Rochester Americans
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Iowa Falls to Texas in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- San Antonio Drops 5-1 Decision to Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
- Gust Gets Two as Condors Cruise in San Antonio, 5-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- RANGERS RECALL ALEXANDAR GEORGIEV FROM HARTFORD - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, Dec 13 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moulson Returns to Southern California for First Time Since 2008-09 Season - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hanley to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hillside Family of Agencies to Hold - Syracuse Crunch
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- First-Place Penguins Prepare for Another Busy Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Tom Kostopoulos and Andy Chiodo Hired by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Announce Front Office Changes
- Penguins Reveal Opponent Slate for 2018-19 Season
- Penguins Fall Short to Checkers in Elimination Game
- Penguins Sign Linus Olund to ATO