First-Place Penguins Prepare for Another Busy Week
In the Admirals' first face-off with the Penguins since the 2004 Calder Cup Final, both teams put on a show with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton pulling out the win in overtime. Garrett Wilson scored his first career hat trick in the first period, but Milwaukee stormed back to force OT. J.S. Dea notched the game-winner, helping goalie Colin Stevens earn his first AHL win in his first AHL start.
Saturday, Dec. 2 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Rochester 5
Teddy Blueger posted the first multi-goal game of his career, accounting for all of the Pens' scoring in a loss on Teddy Bear Toss night. Goalie Anthony Peters made his Penguins debut.
Sunday, Dec. 3 - PENGUINS 3 at Hershey 4 (OT)
Daniel Sprong and Gage Quinney set one another up for first period goals, but Hershey scored three-straight to take a 3-2 lead. Tom Sestito sent the game to overtime, but Chris Bourque put the Bears over the top with an OT power play goal.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Dec. 6 - PENGUINS at Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton heads to PPL Center to face Lehigh Valley, which has dropped five of its last nine games. The Penguins are 14-4-1-1 all-time at PPL Center.
Friday, Dec. 8 - PENGUINS vs. Charlotte
The Penguins look for revenge on the Checkers, who spoiled Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's season opener on Oct. 7. Charlotte recently regained playoff positioning, and now sit in third place in the Atlantic.
Sunday, Dec. 10 - PENGUINS at Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has yet to lose to Hershey in regulation this season, going 2-0-1-1 in four contests against its bitter rival.
- Dominik Simon's six-game point streak (Nov. 12 - Dec. 1) tied a career high he set in March of last year.
- Friday and Saturday's games marked the first time the Penguins scored shorthanded goals in back-to-back contests since Oct. 13 and Oct. 18, 2013.
- Saturday's overtime goal pulled Jean-Sébastien Dea into a tie with Tomá' Surov and Scott Wilson for the second-most game-winning goals in franchise history (14).
- Christian Thomas played in his 300th AHL game on Sunday.
- Garrett Wilson achieved his 200th point as a pro with an assist on Sunday.
- Lukas Bengtsson is three points shy of his 100th point as a pro.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2017
- Tickets for Pins and Pucks on Sale Now; Bowl with the Team on January 23 - Ontario Reign
- Teddy Bear Toss presented by Frontier Communications is Saturday, December 16! - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Fly by Gulls - Chicago Wolves
- Dustin Tokarski turns in 39-save shutout performance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Adam Erne Nets Hat Trick in 6-1 Win over Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Snap Comets Point Streak - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Saarijarvi, Borkowski Re-Join Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ontario Reign Staff Move over 740 Miles and Raise over $2,000 During November - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward Rocco Grimaldi to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Bleackley Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Eriksson Ek from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rangers Sign Free Agent Goaltender Marek - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Joseph Zakrzewski Named New IceHogs Broadcaster - Ontario Reign
- D T.J. Brennan, G Alex Lyon Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Announce Four Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Two Home - Rochester Americans
- Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Iowa Falls to Texas in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- San Antonio Drops 5-1 Decision to Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
- Gust Gets Two as Condors Cruise in San Antonio, 5-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- RANGERS RECALL ALEXANDAR GEORGIEV FROM HARTFORD - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, Dec 13 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moulson Returns to Southern California for First Time Since 2008-09 Season - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hanley to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hillside Family of Agencies to Hold - Syracuse Crunch
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- Lough Joins Wolves Blue Line - Chicago Wolves
- First-Place Penguins Prepare for Another Busy Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Tom Kostopoulos and Andy Chiodo Hired by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Announce Front Office Changes
- Penguins Reveal Opponent Slate for 2018-19 Season
- Penguins Fall Short to Checkers in Elimination Game
- Penguins Sign Linus Olund to ATO