O'Sullivan continues torrid hitting
San Angelo, TX - May 23, 2008 - The hottest hitter on the planet made the difference in Fridays 13-11 win for the Alexandria Aces over the San Angelo Colts at Foster Field.
Patrick O'Sullivan went 5-6, including a go-ahead two-run homer in the top of the ninth. He added two doubles and had 7 RBI.
The Colts batted around twice in the game, once in the fourth and in the seventh. In the seventh, Jose Torres hit his first homer of the year to start a series of seven straight hits. Madison Edwards also hit his first homer of the year that began a three-run fifth. The fifth ended after a bases-loaded double by O'Sullivan that scored two and Bryan Sabatella was thrown out at the plate.
The series continues tomorrow with Ryan Harris pitching for the Aces and Luke Massetti for the Colts. Game time is 7:05 PM. Next home game: Tuesday, May 27th vs. Laredo. Wal-Mart Night
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 24, 2008
- Colts Fight Back Again, Win 14-13 in 10 innings - San Angelo Colts
- Broncos Take Second-Straight from WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Coyotes fall short in Game 2 - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Get Victory Behind Strong Pitching Performance - Laredo Broncos
- Colts Release OF McLain, Activate RHP Greanead - ULB
- O'Sullivan continues torrid hitting - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th