Osprey Pitching Re-Writes PBL Team Strikeout Record
The Missoula Osprey struck out 13 batters Tuesday night, racking their total to 739 in the 2019 season. With four games yet to play in the regular season, the Osprey surpassed their 2011 Pioneer League record of 738 team strikeouts.
In 72 games, the Osprey have only allowed 212 walks, third-lowest in the Pioneer League, with an average of ten strikeouts and three walks per game.
An upcoming, four-game series begins in Billings Wednesday night decides the North Division champion in the second half, first pitch at Dehler Park scheduled for 6:35 pm MDT.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Pitching Key in Owlz 3-1 Win - Orem Owlz
- Serrano Takes Home Pitcher of the Week - Ogden Raptors
- GJ Wins Fourth Straight; Clinches Playoff Berth - Grand Junction Rockies
- Osprey Pitching Re-Writes PBL Team Strikeout Record - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Chukars Drop Bomb on Osprey - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Raptors' Dozen Does in Owlz - Ogden Raptors
- Rockies Win Fourth Straight over Vibes - Rocky Mountain Vibes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads to Host Matchstick Productions: HUCK YEAH Premiere
- Centerfield Cinema Plays on through October, New Titles Announced
- PaddleHeads, Missoula Freestyle Team Announce TGR: Make Believe Premiere
- PaddleHeads, Roxy Theater Announce Centerfield Cinema: Concert Series
- Now Teeing Off: Paddle Beach Golf Club