Orlando Arcia Named Brewers Player of the Month for June
VIERA, Fla. - The Milwaukee Brewers announced on Thursday that Brevard County Manatees shortstop Orlando Arcia was named the minor league player of the month for June.
In 23 games last month, Arcia hit .337 (33-for-98) with an organizational-high 23 RBI. He smacked 11 doubles, two triples and three homers. His 11 doubles were tied with Scooter Gennett for the most in the organization during the month.
Arcia recorded eight multi-hit games during June, including five in a six-game span from June 24-28. On June 25, he set a career-high in hits with a 5-for-5 performance against the Lakeland Flying Tigers. Arcia also tied a career-high with five runs batted in and was a home run away from the cycle. On June 27 and 28 in Clearwater, he went a combined 6-for-11 and fell a triple shy of the cycle both nights. In the latter game, Arcia hit a game-tying, two-run home run with two outs in the top of the ninth inning en route to a 12-inning, 6-4 Manatees victory.
Arcia was signed by the Milwaukee Brewers as a non-drafted free agent on October 22, 2010 from Anaco, Venezuela.
The Manatees will host the Daytona Cubs on Friday, July 4. The Clearwater Threshers will visit Space Coast Stadium to begin a three-game series on July 5. Both Friday and Saturday's games will feature postgame fireworks with first pitch scheduled for 6:35 p.m. both nights. July 5 is St. Baldrick's Foundation Night. Brevard County players, coaches and staff will be shaving their heads to show support for the fight against pediatric cancer.
On Sunday, July 6, four-time All-Star and 2008 American League Cy Young Award winner Cliff Lee is tentatively scheduled to start for the Threshers against the Manatees at Space Coast Stadium. First pitch is at 5:05 p.m.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 3, 2014
- Cardinals Complete Sweep of Hammerheads - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Same Offensive Performane Leads to Loss - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Clearwater Downed 14-6 by Dunedin - Clearwater Threshers
- Walker, Miracle Slide Past Marauders, 7-6 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Cecchini's Grand Night Lifts Mets Past Crabs - St. Lucie Mets
- Independence Day Celebration Postponed - Daytona Tortugas
- Orlando Arcia Named Brewers Player of the Month for June - Brevard County Manatees
- Berrios Named FSL Player of the Month for June - Fort Myers Miracle
- Cliff Lee Expected to Pitch in Brevard County - Brevard County Manatees
- Marauders to Honor Evan Chambers on Thursday, July 10 - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.