Cliff Lee Expected to Pitch in Brevard County
VIERA, Fla. - The Clearwater Threshers have announced that Philadelphia Phillies left-handed pitcher Cliff Lee will be joining the team as part of his Major League rehab assignment. Lee is tentatively scheduled to pitch for the Threshers when they visit the Brevard County Manatees on Sunday, July 6 at 5:05 p.m. at Space Coast Stadium in Viera.
The game on Sunday is scheduled for a 5:05 p.m. first pitch. Gates will open at 4:00 p.m.
Lee, 35, is currently rehabbing from a left elbow strain. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on May 19.
A four-time All-Star and 2008 American League Cy Young Award winner, Lee is ninth among active pitchers in career wins with 143. That places him third among active left-handers behind CC Sabathia of the New York Yankees (208) and Toronto Blue Jays starter Mark Buehrle (196).
Tickets can be purchased the following ways:
- In person at the Space Coast Stadium box office. The box office is located below the main entrance of the stadium. The box office will open at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- By calling (321) 604-3242. Phone orders will be taken from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- By going to ManateesBaseball.com. Please note that online ticket sales will end at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday.
Reserved Section tickets at Space Coast Stadium are $6 each. Fans can also purchase Box Section tickets for $8 or Batter's Box Section tickets for $10. Select suites are still available for Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 3, 2014
- Cardinals Complete Sweep of Hammerheads - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Same Offensive Performane Leads to Loss - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Clearwater Downed 14-6 by Dunedin - Clearwater Threshers
- Walker, Miracle Slide Past Marauders, 7-6 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Cecchini's Grand Night Lifts Mets Past Crabs - St. Lucie Mets
- Independence Day Celebration Postponed - Daytona Tortugas
- Orlando Arcia Named Brewers Player of the Month for June - Brevard County Manatees
- Berrios Named FSL Player of the Month for June - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Cliff Lee Expected to Pitch in Brevard County - Brevard County Manatees
- Marauders to Honor Evan Chambers on Thursday, July 10 - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.