Orange County SC Signs U.S. U17 International Bryang Kayo
IRVINE, Calif. - Orange County SC announced the signing of yet another young talent today, with U.S. U17 Men's National team member, Bryang Kayo joining the club. Kayo, arrives from DC United's Academy having previously been on loan with Loudoun United FC of the USL Championship.
"Bryang is a technically gifted player that I am very excited to be working with. He has already shown at the youth international level that he can compete with the most talented players in his age group. It'll now be good for his progress & development to match up with full professionals on a regular basis." said OCSC head coach, Braeden Cloutier.
Kayo is expected to be part of the U.S. U17 Men's World Cup team that will head to Brazil in October. Most recently he started in both U.S. U17 victories over Mexico and the Netherlands in the 4 Nations Tournament this past month.
The 17-year-old hails from Maryland where he played for Bethesda SC U-14 prior to signing with D.C. United's Academy. The 6 foot 1 inch midfielder made 3 appearances for Loudoun FC (DC United's USL affiliate) this season, making his first start on the road against Louisville City FC. Kayo is eligible to make his debut for the club this weekend on the road versus Tulsa, as the team looks to set a new club record of six consecutive wins.
"We are excited to add Bryang, a proven U.S. Youth International to our roster" said OCSC President of Soccer Operations, Oliver Wyss. "Bryang is a very talented player who will continue to develop and mature in our professional environment. He has a very bright future ahead and we are excited for his upcoming opportunities with OCSC and the U.S. U17 Youth National Team!" Per club policy, terms of player contracts with Orange County SC will not be released.
Images from this story
Bryang Kayo with the U.S. U17 Men's National team
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 19, 2019
- Match Preview at Austin Bold FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Faces Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC with Playoff Seeding on the Line - Nashville SC
- Tacoma Defiance Defender Denso Ulysse Called into Haitian U-23 National Team - Tacoma Defiance
- Loudoun United Fall to Bethlehem Steel 5-2 on the Road - Loudoun United FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Portland Timbers 2 - September 20, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face LA Galaxy II as Playoff Push Continues - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Indy Eleven - Friday, September 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Eastern Conference Showdown as New York Comes to LouCity - Louisville City FC
- Orange County SC Signs U.S. U17 International Bryang Kayo - Orange County SC
- Battery Sign College of Charleston Defender Temi Adesodun - Charleston Battery
- STLFC Academy Kyle Genenbacher Called into USMNT U16 Talent ID Camp - Saint Louis FC
- Steel battle back from a one-goal deficit, twice, to beat Loudoun United FC - Philadelphia Union II
- Los Zorros Thrash Toros, 5-0, for Largest Win in Club History - Fresno FC
- Toros Fall 5-0 to Strong Fresno FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- STLFC Wins Fifth in a Row with 2-0 Win over New York Red Bulls II - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.