STLFC Academy Kyle Genenbacher Called into USMNT U16 Talent ID Camp
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Saint Louis FC Academy player Kyle Genenbacher was called into the upcoming USMNT U16 Talent ID Camp set to take place in Chula Vista, California from September 19-September 23, 2019.
Genenbacher is one of 59 players called into the U.S. Soccer camp after being identified in the Central Region for his standout performances for the STLFC Academy during the 2018-2019 season. Genenbacher is a 2003 birth-year player and played seven games for the STLFC U17 Academy team while also playing 22 games for the U19 squad during their run to a third-place finish in the USSDA Playoffs this past summer.
"The transition to the U19 team went really well," said Genenbacher. "I thought I would be brought in and not play much, but after playing one half of a couple games I started every game since then which has been a great opportunity for me."
A native of Farmington, Missouri, Genenbacher commutes almost an hour and a half to training at least four days a week which he says is a commitment to getting better every day.
"We have guys from outside St. Louis that travel a lot," added Genenbacher. "We have a guy that travels three hours there and back just to practice every day so our team has a lot of commitment and everyone wants to be there."
At the USMNT U16 Talent ID Camp, Genenbacher will be placed in a Central Region team that will face off against the Eastern Region team on September 20th before a match against the LA Galaxy U19 team on September 21st. In addition to the on-field competition, the camp will also focus on off-field education. Players will be introduced to YNT principles of play and encouraged to take ownership of their development.
The camp will also expose the 59 players to U.S. Soccer's High Performance department. A sport scientist will be on-hand throughout the event, taking Peak Height Velocity (PHV) measurements to help educate players and coaches about the impact of growth and maturation on development. The sport scientist will also educate players about best practices for nutrition and recovery.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 19, 2019
- Match Preview at Austin Bold FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Faces Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC with Playoff Seeding on the Line - Nashville SC
- Tacoma Defiance Defender Denso Ulysse Called into Haitian U-23 National Team - Tacoma Defiance
- Loudoun United Fall to Bethlehem Steel 5-2 on the Road - Loudoun United FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Portland Timbers 2 - September 20, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face LA Galaxy II as Playoff Push Continues - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Indy Eleven - Friday, September 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Eastern Conference Showdown as New York Comes to LouCity - Louisville City FC
- Orange County SC Signs U.S. U17 International Bryang Kayo - Orange County SC
- Battery Sign College of Charleston Defender Temi Adesodun - Charleston Battery
- STLFC Academy Kyle Genenbacher Called into USMNT U16 Talent ID Camp - Saint Louis FC
- Steel battle back from a one-goal deficit, twice, to beat Loudoun United FC - Philadelphia Union II
- Los Zorros Thrash Toros, 5-0, for Largest Win in Club History - Fresno FC
- Toros Fall 5-0 to Strong Fresno FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- STLFC Wins Fifth in a Row with 2-0 Win over New York Red Bulls II - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.