Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season
(Peterborough, ON) - Ontario Hockey League Commissioner David Branch announced today the conclusion of the 2019-20 OHL Regular Season.
Following a meeting with the OHL Board of Governors and consultation with medical professionals, it was determined that the remaining 56 games of the 2019-20 OHL Regular Season schedule will be cancelled and not played. Petes home games cancelled include games scheduled for Thursday, March 12 vs Sudbury; Saturday, March 14 vs Oshawa; and Thursday, March 19 vs Kingston.
In a statement from the OHL, Branch said, "We are continuing to monitor ongoing public health developments regarding COVID-19. When it is safe and we may resume play, we will advise on the status of the 2020 OHL Playoffs. We thank OHL players and their families, fans and partners for their continued patience and understanding throughout this challenging situation."
The League has additionally confirmed that the 2020 OHL Priority Selection presented by Real Canadian Superstore will be held live online at ontariohockeyleague.com on Saturday, April 4 beginning at 9:00am. With final OHL regular season standings based off each OHL team having played an equal number of 61 games, the Petes are 15th in the order of selection for the upcoming Priority Selection.
Customers who purchased single game tickets for the affected Petes home games from the Grant Thornton PMC Box Office will automatically receive a credit for the full value of their ticket purchase (including fees and taxes) to the account of the customer who purchased the tickets. Credits will be left on the customer's account to be used for future purchases at the PMC or can be refunded in the original method of payment; cash and debit payments will be refunded by cheque. To request a direct refund, instead of an automatic credit, customers can contact the Grant Thornton Box Office during regular business hours, after Thursday, March 19 at 10:00am, to request a refund.
Customers who redeemed vouchers (Costco, 10-flex, 20-flex, Playoff Push, or complimentary) will be re-issued their vouchers, to be picked up at will call when the PMC reopens (date to be determined). Vouchers that have not yet been redeemed will be applicable for future games (2020 playoffs or 2020-21 regular season).
Customers who purchased group tickets directly from the Petes will be contacted by their account representative to process refunds.
Season Ticket Members will be refunded for the affected regular season games in the form of account credit when the full playoff picture has been confirmed by the OHL, as Season Ticket Members also have two playoff home game tickets included in their packages. When more information regarding OHL playoffs become available, Season Ticket Members will be informed of their refund status and options.
We thank customers for their patience as the Grant Thornton Box Office works to manage the many inquiries from fans during this unique situation.
Fans can stay up-to-date with all things Petes by staying tuned to their website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds for information as it becomes available.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Colts Update Fans - Barrie Colts
- 2019-20 Regular Season Cancelled: Ticket Update - Guelph Storm
- Regular Season Cancelled - North Bay Battalion
- Saginaw Spirit Release Ticket Information After Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - Saginaw Spirit
- OHL Announces Conclusion of 2019-2020 Regular Season - London Knights
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of Regular Season - Oshawa Generals
- Ticketing Information for Cancelled Games - Soo Greyhounds
- Ticket Refund Details for Cancelled Games - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Regular Season Ends as OHL Cancels 2019-2020 Campaign - Ottawa 67's
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - Peterborough Petes
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Season - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Cancels Remainder of 2019/20 Regular Season - Kitchener Rangers
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Logan Burns as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Dylan Wells, Dave and Scott Roche Headline Thursday Night Live Week 10 Presented by Subway
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Corey White as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Petes Very Merry Christmas Event Will Spread Holiday Cheer on Saturday, December 12
- Alumnus Tyler Rollo and the Farace Family Headline Week Nine of Thursday Night Live