Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Season
Toronto, Ont. - Ontario Hockey League Commissioner David Branch announced today the conclusion of the 2019-20 OHL Regular Season.
Following a meeting with the OHL Board of Governors and consultation with medical professionals, it was determined that the remaining 56 games of the 2019-20 OHL Regular Season schedule will be cancelled and not played.
"In the interest of the safety of our players, officials, staff, fans and the general public, it's been agreed that the cancellation of the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season is the proper course of action to take at this time," said OHL Commissioner David Branch.
The final regular season standings have been locked at 61 games played for each team. Although after 61 games, we were tied in points with the Kingston Frontenacs, a tie breaker (most ROW wins, i.e. wins excluding shootouts) has been applied to the standings. We have finished the season in 9th place in the Eastern Conference.
While we are disappointed that our season has come to an end, we support this decision, in efforts to continue protecting our players, staff and our community.
As such, we will be drafting second overall in the upcoming 2020 OHL Draft, presented by the Real Canadian Superstore, which is set to take place on April 4th.
All individual and group tickets for the final two scheduled home games can be exchanged for tickets to any game next season. Season ticket holders can exchange their tickets for 2 tickets next season (per seat/per game). For example, if you have two season tickets, you will receive 4 additional tickets for each unplayed home game. Alternatively, the credit can be applied to next year's season tickets. Banked season tickets will be honoured, one for one. For example if you have 5 banked tickets from the 2019-2020 season, you will receive 5 additional tickets to the 2020-2021 season.
These ticketing exchanges and renewals will take place once our business office re-opens, which is still to be determined as the situation continues to unfold.
We would like to thank all fans, season ticket holders, and sponsors for their continued support.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Colts Update Fans - Barrie Colts
- 2019-20 Regular Season Cancelled: Ticket Update - Guelph Storm
- Regular Season Cancelled - North Bay Battalion
- Saginaw Spirit Release Ticket Information After Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - Saginaw Spirit
- OHL Announces Conclusion of 2019-2020 Regular Season - London Knights
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of Regular Season - Oshawa Generals
- Ticketing Information for Cancelled Games - Soo Greyhounds
- Ticket Refund Details for Cancelled Games - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Regular Season Ends as OHL Cancels 2019-2020 Campaign - Ottawa 67's
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - Peterborough Petes
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Season - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Cancels Remainder of 2019/20 Regular Season - Kitchener Rangers
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.