OL Reign and Starbucks Present the Legends Campaign to Celebrate Extraordinary Women in the Pacific Northwest
TACOMA, WA - As OL Reign prepares for its historic 9th season as a founding club in the National Women's Soccer League and 2nd season as a member of the Olympique Lyonnais family, the club today announced a partnership with Starbucks, one of the world's most visible and vibrant consumer brands.
Beginning with the upcoming 2021 NWSL season, Starbucks will serve as the presenting partner of OL Reign's Legends Campaign. The Legends Campaign, which was launched in 2016, is a celebration of female leaders in the Pacific Northwest.
Prior to each of OL Reign's home matches, the club recognizes a female leader in recognition of her extraordinary contributions to our community and beyond. Reign Legends are selected from corporate, non-profit, academic, athletic, and civic organizations with a presence in or ties to the Pacific Northwest. Each Legend has made a lasting impact in their respective field or discipline.
Legends alumnae include Senator Patty Murray (2016); Tacoma Mayor Victoria Woodards (2019); Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (2016); University of Washington President Ana Mari Cauce (2017); and Lululemon EVP and Chief Technology Officer Julie Averill (2017).
"We are proud to have Starbucks as OL Reign's newest partner given the deep cultural alignment between our brands," said OL Reign chief executive officer Bill Predmore. "Starbucks has long history of inspiring its customers to shape positive change in our community and country. They have courageously used their platform to highlight injustice, they have selflessly elevated voices that must be heard, and consistently fought for a more just and equitable society. We are thrilled by the opportunity to collaborate with Starbucks on the Legends Campaign and appreciate their support and commitment to celebrating female leaders in our community."
"It is an honor to join OL Reign in this partnership to recognize the incredible female leaders in our hometown, all of whom have played an important role in strengthening our communities and promoting social and racial equity," said Virginia Tenpenny, chief social impact officer at Starbucks. "We are inspired by their example and hope this partnership engages future community leaders."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 4, 2021
- Chicago Waives Hannah Davison - Chicago Red Stars
- OL Reign and Starbucks Present the Legends Campaign to Celebrate Extraordinary Women in the Pacific Northwest - OL Reign
- NC Courage Acquire Carson Pickett from Orlando Pride - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Acquire Rights to English International Jodie Taylor from North Carolina - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OL Reign Stories
- OL Reign Announce 2021 NWSL Regular Season Broadcast Schedule
- OL Reign Earn 2-1 Comeback Victory over Kansas City
- Match Forecast: OL Reign Travel to Kansas City for Last Challenge Cup Match
- OL Reign Inks Gatorade Partnership
- Three Goals Power Reign to First Win of 2021 Challenge Cup