Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The WNBA this afternoon announced that Minnesota Lynx guard Odyssey Sims has been voted to the All-WNBA Second Team in balloting by a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. Sims received a total of 48 points (three First Team votes, 11 Second Team votes) in garnering the first such honor in her career. Sims' selection marks the ninth consecutive year at least one Lynx player has been named to either the All-WNBA First or Second Team.
The 5-8 guard out of Baylor concluded her first year in Minnesota (sixth in the WNBA) by pacing the Lynx in both scoring (14.5 ppg) and assists (a career-high 5.4 apg), becoming the fourth player in team history to accomplish that double (Katie Smith, 2000; Nicky Anosike, 2009; Maya Moore, 2016). Sims started all 34 games while ranking 14th in the league in scoring, fourth in assists, 12th in steals (1.35 spg) and seventh in minutes (31.9 mpg). She also grabbed a career-best 3.4 rpg while shooting 41.5% from the field, 26.9% from three-point range and 79.5% from the line. Her 185 assists stand as the fourth-highest single-season total in franchise history and the most since Lindsay Whalen dealt 189 in 2014.
Sims made her WNBA All-Star Game debut this summer, scoring 10 points for the victorious Team Wilson on July 27 in Las Vegas. She poured in a season-high 30 points Aug. 18 at Seattle, her sixth career 30+ outing. In that game, she erupted for 18 points in the third quarter, shooting 8-for-8 from the floor to match a WNBA record for most field goals made without a miss in a quarter. The Irving, Texas native contributed 22 points and a season-high nine assists in the Sept. 6 win at Phoenix, her league-record-tying fifth contest with 20+ points and 8+ assists on the year; Diana Taurasi registered five such games in 2018.
Fans can purchase full-season memberships for the 2020 season by visiting lynxbasketball.com/tickets or by calling 612-673-8400.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from October 6, 2019
- Aces Cambage Named Second-Team, All-WNBA - Las Vegas Aces
- Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team; DeShields Earns Second Team Honors - Chicago Sky
- Delle Donne Named to the 2019 All-WNBA First Team - Washington Mystics
- MVP Delle Donne Unanimously Selected to 2019 All-WNBA First Team - WNBA
- Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Lynx Sign Bridget Carleton
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Release Second Episode of Social Justice Content Series "Voices"
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Participate in Team up for Change Virtual Summit
- Statement from Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx Owner Glen Taylor on the Passing of Sid Hartman
- Lynx FastBreak Foundation to Raise Funds for Breast Health Awareness