Delle Donne Named to the 2019 All-WNBA First Team
Washington, D.C. -- The WNBA announced today that Washington Mystics Forward Elena Delle Donne was unanimously voted to the All-WNBA First Team. It is the second consecutive year that Delle Donne has been selected for the All-WNBA First Team and the fifth All-WNBA honor of her career. The 2019 WNBA Most Valuable Player received First Team votes on all 43 ballots by a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters.
During the 2019 season, Delle Donne became the first WNBA player to join the exclusive 50/40/90 club, where she shot 51.5% from the field, 43% from the three-point line and a league-high 97.4% from the free throw line. She led the Mystics to a league-best 26-8 mark, including a 26-5 record with her in the starting lineup. Delle Donne averaged 19.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists for the season. She was also named to her sixth All-Star team.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from October 6, 2019
- Aces Cambage Named Second-Team, All-WNBA - Las Vegas Aces
- Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team; DeShields Earns Second Team Honors - Chicago Sky
- Delle Donne Named to the 2019 All-WNBA First Team - Washington Mystics
- MVP Delle Donne Unanimously Selected to 2019 All-WNBA First Team - WNBA
- Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.