Nidiffer Stays Hot in Loss
Marcus Nidiffer stayed hot on the road, hitting three singles in the Boulders 4-2 loss to the Sussex County Miners on Thursday.
The Boulders were victims of four 1-2-3 innings as a pitching duel was taken into the sixth inning. The Miners were able to score the first runs of the game, bringing in four runs in the bottom of the sixth to go ahead, 4-0.
Rockland responded in the top of the seventh, scoring one run on a Kevin Krause bases-loaded walk. The Boulders put up another run in the top of the ninth on a Conrad Gregor RBI single.
The Boulders continue their run toward the playoffs, returning home Friday for the final homestand of the regular season. Rockland looks to solidify their 2018 playoff positioning, opening a three-game series against the rival New Jersey Jackals at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 23, 2018
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Miners Double up Rockland - Sussex County Miners
- White's Heroics Lift Quebec over Ottawa - Ottawa Champions
- Nidiffer Stays Hot in Loss - Rockland Boulders
- Triunfel's Big Night Helps Jackals Cruise Past Aigles - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.