New York Liberty Announces Partnership with AMR
NEW ROCHELLE, NY - The New York Liberty today announced it has partnered with medical transportation provider American Medical Response (AMR). AMR began its partnership with the Liberty in May as part of its growing Metro New York operation, dedicating fully-staffed ambulances and EMS at the team's new home at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.
"We're thrilled to be working with such a great team. We have a lot of experience working with professional sports teams and understand that the health and safety of players, staff and fans are important assets," said Patrick Pickering, general manager of AMR's Metro New York operation. "Wherever large crowds gather there is always a heightened chance of injury and medical emergencies can strike at any time. Owners can feel confident that they have a fully-dedicated, emergency-ready team on their side."
In addition to the Liberty, AMR also serves as the Official Ambulance Provider for the Buffalo Bills as part of its Buffalo operation.
AMR's Metro New York operation is based in New Rochelle and serves Westchester County as well as all five boroughs of New York City. The company currently has 60 employees and 16 ambulances at the New Rochelle location and continues to expand its services in Westchester County and New York City.
"We are excited to begin this partnership with AMR," said Daakeia Clarke, Chief Operating Officer for the Liberty. "As we complete our first season at Westchester County Center, we appreciate AMR's commitment to safety reassurance for our players and fans, along with their commitment to providing educational resources to the community."
"Partnering with a prominent team like the New York Liberty will enhance both of our brands," said Mike Addario, Vice President of operations for AMR's New York Operations. "Together, we will not only provide a secure and safe venue but also promote public health throughout the entire region, including CPR training for the public at large."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 8, 2018
- Liberty Drop a Nail-Biter to Sparks, 82-81 - New York Liberty
- Dream Look to Stay Hot against Sparks Thursday - Atlanta Dream
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Announces Partnership with AMR - New York Liberty
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Quotes: Phoenix 98, Washington 103 - Phoenix Mercury
- Postgame Notes: Chicago Sky 64, Minnesota Lynx 85 - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Knicks' Impressive Numbers Overshadowed by Go-Go's Comeback Effort
- New York Liberty Announce Player Signings
- Garrett and Allen Net 20; Knicks Top Memphis, 108-97
- Seven Knicks Tally Double-Figures to Beat Raptors, 111-102
- WNBA Announces Sale of New York Liberty to Joe Tsai