Dream Look to Stay Hot against Sparks Thursday
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Dream will look to stay hot when it hosts the Los Angeles Sparks inside McCamish Pavilion Thursday beginning at 7 p.m. ET. The game will air live on FOX Sports South.
Atlanta (19-10) clinched a playoff spot after defeating the Las Vegas Aces, 109-100, Tuesday night. The Dream's 109 points set a new franchise record for most points in a game. Elizabeth Williams led the Dream in scoring with a career-high 22 points. Williams shot an impressive 91.7 percent from the field, the best FG% in a single game in Dream history. Alex Bentley also scored 22 points and dished out eight assists.
Atlanta is currently hanging on to the second spot in the WNBA standings after winning 11 of its last 12 games.
The Sparks (17-11) most recently played Sunday night and defeated the Phoenix Mercury 78-75. Chelsea Gray led the Sparks in scoring with 24 points. Los Angeles faces New York tonight beginning at 7 p.m. and will then travel to Atlanta ahead of tomorrow night's game.
The season series is tied 1-1, with the Dream coming out on top in the last matchup, 81-71, at Los Angeles on July 24.
Atlanta Dream season, group tickets and single game tickets are available now. For more information, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729.
The Atlanta Dream plays its home games in McCamish Pavilion on the Georgia Tech campus. Atlanta has qualified for the playoffs eight times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 8, 2018
- Liberty Drop a Nail-Biter to Sparks, 82-81 - New York Liberty
- Dream Look to Stay Hot against Sparks Thursday - Atlanta Dream
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Announces Partnership with AMR - New York Liberty
- Phoenix Mercury Postgame Quotes: Phoenix 98, Washington 103 - Phoenix Mercury
- Postgame Notes: Chicago Sky 64, Minnesota Lynx 85 - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.