New Thunder Third Jersey Unveiled
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder unveiled a new third jersey for the upcoming 2009-10 ECHL season today, the Fifth Anniversary year for the team, online at the Thunder website www.StocktonThunder.com.
The third jersey, the first of its kind in Thunder history, will make its debut when the Thunder take the ice for their 2009-10 home opener on Friday, Oct. 23 against the Ontario Reign at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena.
Based in the Thunder's gold color, the jersey's appearance features white bolts with a black trim adorning the front and back of the shoulders and extending to the arms along with a dominant black colored trim on the shoulders and arms. The jersey additionally pays tribute to a classic hockey look by featuring tie-down laces at the base of the collar.
The jersey crest exclusively features the head of the ominous Thunder mascot "Thor" in an alternate version of the original Thunder logo. The numbers on the back of the third jersey will use an "aggressive" cut style with a predominant white color and black and grey trim, contrasting a nameplate above the numbers with a bold, black colored font. At the base of the jersey is a white trim featuring the "Thunder" team nickname.
For the Fifth Anniversary season, the team will sport the official anniversary patch on the left and right side of the black shoulder trim.
"We're proud to introduce a new look among Thunder fans that will be a staple of our identity for years to come," said Thunder merchandise manager Bryan Boyes. "Like our 'Thunder' trademark wording at the base of the jersey, it's symbolic of our brand that reaches to fans all across Northern California and the Central Valley. Our goal has been to produce a progressive look that's true to our brand and contains hints of a classic feel."
The new third jersey was designed by Bryan Boyes, Merchandise Manager of the Thunder in conjunction with jersey provider SP Apparel, the exclusive jersey provider to the Thunder, who also produced the third jersey.
Stockton is scheduled wear the jerseys eight times this season at home (home opener and all Sunday games). The Thunder will continue to wear their white jerseys at home and black jerseys on the road for the first half of the regular season and Kelly Cup Playoffs, flipping the color scheme for home and road games for the second half of the season.
THUNDER THIRD JERSEY SCHEDULE Fri. Oct. 23 vs. Ontario 7:30 p.m. Sun. Nov. 15 vs. Idaho 4:00 p.m. Sun. Jan. 10 vs. Bakersfield 4:00 p.m. Sun. Jan. 17 vs. Ontario 4:00 p.m. Sun. Jan. 24 vs. Bakersfield 4:00 p.m. Sun. Jan. 31 vs. Alaska 4:00 p.m. Sun. Mar. 21 vs. Utah 4:00 p.m. Sun. Mar. 28 vs. Las Vegas 4:00 p.m.
Thunder Season Ticket Holders will be able to purchase the new third jersey before it goes on sale to the general public by accessing a special section of the Thunder "FanAttic" online team store through a special email message. The jersey will be available to the general public at the Stockton Arena "FanAttic," the official team store of the Thunder beginning Thursday, Oct. 8 when the Thunder host the Bakersfield Condors in a preseason home game at 7:00 p.m. and online at www.StocktonFanAttic.com.
The Thunder returns to the ice for preseason play on Thursday, Oct. 8 against the Bakersfield Condors, starting at 7:00 p.m. at Stockton Arena. The 2009-10 season, the Fifth Year Anniversary for the team, launches on Friday, Oct. 16 at Qwest Arena against the Idaho Steelheads at 6:10 p.m. and the Thunder home opener is Friday, Oct. 23 against the Ontario Reign at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena.
The proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Springfield Falcons, the Thunder was voted "Best Local Sports Team" by readers of the San Joaquin Magazine, has led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew 223,854 fans to Stockton Arena in 2008-09. Season Tickets for 2009-10 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 22, 2009
- Think Green And Win Ontario Reign Tickets - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Reign Announce Upcoming Free Agent Tryout - Ontario Reign
- Unsung Erickson Returns Up Front - Alaska Aces
- Condors bring back d-man Fisher, add rookie Naglich - Bakersfield Condors
- Chiefs Community Challenge Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- Fourteen Checkers in AHL Training Camps - Charlotte Checkers
- New Thunder Third Jersey Unveiled - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Radio Recon Returns to The Works at Wyomissing - Reading Royals
- Toledo Walleye Unveil 2009-10 Promotional Schedule - Toledo Walleye
- Cincinnati Cyclones Sending 17 Players to AHL Camps - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Individual Tickets Go On Sale September 26 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Name Assistant Coach - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Sign Princeton Graduate and Former Ivy League Player of the Year, Lee Jubinville - Florida Everblades
- Cincinnati Cyclones Agree To Terms With Three Players - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Chiefs' Offense Gets Boost From Returnee - Johnstown Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls