New Mexico United Announces 14th Returning Player for 2020 Season
ALBUQUERQUE, NM Earlier this month, New Mexico United announced that thirteen players from its inaugural season would be returning, having exercised their contract options. Today, after signing a new contract, the team announced that Daniel Bruce will be back with New Mexico United for the 2020 season, pending the United Soccer League (USL) and federation approval.
"We are excited to have Daniel back for the 2020 season after a great rookie season. He, like the other 13 players we have returning from our inaugural season, reflects the essence of our club and we look forward to more continuity as we continue to build our roster for next season," said Head Coach Troy Lesesne.
In addition to the now fourteen returning players, four players who were on a 1-year contract are in talks with the team to discuss their return. Those players include Santi Moar, Manny Padilla, Kevaughn Frater, and New Mexican native and former Lobo Joshua Goss.
"Last season was incredible. To work alongside the teammates I had, and play in front of the best fans in the country was nothing short of a dream come true," said Daniel Bruce. "I am so fortunate to be a part of the New Mexico United family for another season and have another chance of winning something for this incredible state to celebrate. From myself and the entire squad, thank you for a memorable 2019, here's to an even better 2020. Somos Unidos!"
Daniel Bruce, midfielder, #25 hails from Warrington, England and spent his college career from 2014-2018 a the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. During his rookie professional year with New Mexico United, Bruce made 17 appearances, 5 starts, 2 goals, and 2 assists. Bruce also took home the USL Championship's Goal of the Week award for his powerful, match-securing goal in Sacramento.
"As we look to build upon our 2019 season, it's great to have Daniel Bruce back for a second season to help us finish what we started and bring a cup back to New Mexico," said New Mexico United Majority Owner and CEO, Peter Trevisani.
For more information on Daniel Bruce, visit our Roster Page.
Season tickets for New Mexico United's second season are available now at www.newmexicoutd.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 8, 2019
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Hosts Louisville City FC in Eastern Conference Final Showdown - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Western Conference Final on Saturday against El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Rowdies Confirm Return of Nine Players for 2020 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- New Mexico United Announces 14th Returning Player for 2020 Season - New Mexico United
- Ottawa Fury FC Forced to Suspend Operations - Ottawa Fury FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces New Head Coach Radhi Jaidi of Premier League's Southampton Football Club - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Mexico United Stories
- 880 Screaming Fans, 450 Miles from Home, 0 Positive COVID Tests: How New Mexico United Is Leading the Way on Community Safety
- New Mexico United, Electric Playhouse Team up to Announce "Meal and a Match" Interactive Watch Parties
- New Mexico United to Host First "Home" Match of the Season in Colorado Springs
- New Mexico United Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
- New Mexico United Relocates Another Home Match, Adds Local Broadcast