Hartford Athletic Announces New Head Coach Radhi Jaidi of Premier League's Southampton Football Club
HARTFORD, Conn. - Hartford Athletic announced today that Radhi JaÃ¯di has been named head coach as the Club prepares for it second USL Championship season, subject to the completion of relevant documentation. JaÃ¯di comes from Southampton Football Club of the Premier League where he served as head coach of the Under-23 Club.
The move signals the first stage of a developing partnership between Hartford Athletic and the Southampton Academy, which may in the future involve player loans. It also allows Southampton F.C. to strengthen the identification of talented young players in the US whilst sharing knowledge and experience of young player development.
"We have concluded our international search for our next head coach and could not be more excited to welcome Radhi to Hartford," said Hartford Athletic Chairman and CEO Bruce Mandell. "Our fans have given us a mandate to build a world class organization, and Radhi brings everything to the table that we need to achieve this goal as our leader on the field. We thank Southampton Football Club for putting their trust in our organization and look forward to our growing relationship."
"I have seen the fans in action and cannot wait to be part of the atmosphere at Dillon Stadium," JaÃ¯di said. "We have a big task at hand, and there is so much potential in Hartford and in the USL Championship overall. Thank you to Hartford Athletic and to Southampton Football Club for the opportunity."
Southampton Football Club Academy Director Matt Hale added, "The opportunity to become Head Coach of a senior team is an exciting proposition for Radhi, and we wish him well for his spell with Hartford Athletic."
Hartford Athletic has already welcomed back five players from its 2019 squad with more announcements to come regarding additional returning players and new signings. For information on season tickets and group experiences go to HartfordAthletic.com.
ABOUT RADHI JAÃDI Radhi JaÃ¯di hails from Tunisia, and, before his coaching career, boasted a decorated playing career as a center back for clubs including Espérance Sportive de Tunis, Bolton Wanderers, Birmingham City, and Southampton Football Club. He also featured for the Tunisian National Team with 105 appearances including being part of the 2002 and 2006 World Cup (in which he scored a goal). Following the culmination of his playing career at Southampton, JaÃ¯di became head coach of Southampton F.C.'s under-23s.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 8, 2019
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Hosts Louisville City FC in Eastern Conference Final Showdown - Indy Eleven
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Western Conference Final on Saturday against El Paso Locomotive FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Rowdies Confirm Return of Nine Players for 2020 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- New Mexico United Announces 14th Returning Player for 2020 Season - New Mexico United
- Ottawa Fury FC Forced to Suspend Operations - Ottawa Fury FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces New Head Coach Radhi Jaidi of Premier League's Southampton Football Club - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- The Roundup: Fans' Choice Awards
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Saint Louis Goal at the Death Downs Hartford 1-0