Natalie Achonwa Cleared to Return
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx today announced forward Natalie Achonwa has been cleared to return to play and in a subsequent move, center Hannah Sjerven was released from her hardship contract. Achonwa will be available for Minnesota's home game against the New York Liberty on Tuesday, May 24.
Achonwa rejoins Minnesota after a right hamstring injury that occurred in the fourth quarter of the May 8 contest against the Washington Mystics. Achonwa, in her second season with Minnesota, has contributed a total of five points, two rebounds and one assist in the two contests she's appeared this year.
Sjerven, a 6-3 center from the University of South Dakota, was Minnesota's 28th overall pick in the 2022 WNBA Draft. The Rogers, Minn. native saw action in three regular season games for a total of nine minutes.
The Lynx take on the Liberty on Tuesday, May 24 at Target Center. Tip is set for 7:00 p.m. CT and will broadcast on Bally Sports North Extra.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 22, 2022
- Sun Win Second Straight Game against Fever - Indiana Fever
- Mystics vs. Sky Postgame Notes - May 22 - Washington Mystics
- Candace Parker Makes WNBA History with Second Career Triple-Double in Win vs. Mystics, 82-73 - Chicago Sky
- Natalie Achonwa Cleared to Return - Minnesota Lynx
- Fever Host Connecticut and Welcome Back 2012 WNBA Title Team - Indiana Fever
- May 21 - Minnesota Lynx at Dallas Wings Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.