Nashville Signs Forward Ryan Maki
Milwaukee, WI-Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent Ryan Maki to a one-year, two-way contract.
Maki posted 25 points (12g-13a) in his second professional season with Milwaukee in 2008-09, scoring ten more goals (12) and racking up ten more assists (13) than as a rookie in 2007-08. The Medford, N.J., native led the 2008-09 Admirals in plus/minus rating (+14), and appeared in all 11 of the club's Calder Cup Playoff games.
Nashville's fifth choice, 176th overall (sixth round), in 2005 Entry Draft, the 6-2, 202-pound right wing was also the Admiral's nominee for the AHL's 2008-09 Yanick Dupre Memorial Award for his work in the Milwaukee community.
Season tickets for the Admirals 2009-10 season are on sale now for as little as $145. For more information or to order season tickets, fans should call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550. Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 14, 2009
- Rangers Agree To Terms With Defenseman Corey Potter - Connecticut Whale
- Hurricanes Conditioning Camp Set For July 15-18 - Albany River Rats
- Nashville Signs Forward Ryan Maki - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wilkes Barre/Scranton Signs Center Zack Sill - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hogs Winger MacArthur Signs with Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Bulldogs Home Opener Set for Oct. 9th at Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Columbus Signs Defenseman Mathieu Roy - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Sign Marco Rosa - Manitoba Moose
- Nashville Signs forward Ben Guite - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.