Mystics vs. Lynx Postgame Information - August 29
Mystics 83 - Lynx 72
High Points High Rebounds High Assists
Mystics (83) Sykes (21) Sykes (8) Cloud (9)
Lynx (72) Miller (25) Collier (10) Two Players (4)
Please see the attached game book for a full box score and breakdown of this afternoon's game.
Mystics Game Notes:
Brittney Sykes led the way with 21 points, while shooting 6-11 from the field, 3-6 from three and 6-6 from the free-throw line, also adding eight rebounds and three steals in the contest.
This was her ninth game this season scoring 20+ points and her fifth game on the year with at least three made three-pointers.
This was her fourth career game with 20+ points and 8+ rebounds, two of which have come this season.
She now has 13 games with 3+ steals this season, tied for the second-most in the WNBA, while her career-high 77 total steals leads the league on the year.
Natasha Cloud posted a near double-double with 12 points, nine assists, and five rebounds, while making two threes in the victory.
This was her fifth game this year with at least nine assists in a game, tied for the fourth most such games in the league.
She now has eight games this season with at least five assists and five rebounds in a game, which leads the Mystics.
Her 5.9 assists per game on the year is good for the sixth-best mark in the WNBA.
Ariel Atkins added an efficient 13 points, four assists, and three rebounds along with three steals in the contest, shooting 6-7 from the field and 1-2 from three.
She is the second Mystic this year to post 13+ points on 85% or better shooting from the field, the other Queen Egbo on August 13 against Chicago.
Over her last two games she has averaged 14.5 ppg on 78.6% from the field, 57.1% from three, and 100% from the free-throw line.
This was her 26th career game with 3+ steals and her fourth such game this year.
With her performance she passed Emma Meesseman for sixth on the Mystics all-time scoring list with 2,298 career points with the franchise.
Tianna Hawkins filled up the stat sheet off the bench, posting nine points, four rebounds, two assists, and a steal and a block on 3-4 shooting from the field and 3-3 from downtown.
This was her 11th career game with 3+ threes made and her second time doing so on 100% shooting from deep, with the last instance coming June 26, 2016 vs. Minnesota.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 29, 2023
- Minnesota at Washington Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Final: Atlanta Dream 94, Phoenix 76 - Atlanta Dream
- Mystics vs. Lynx Postgame Information - August 29 - Washington Mystics
- Medical Update on Lexie Brown - Los Angeles Sparks
- Kelsey Mitchell Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Mystics Stories
- USA Basketball Announces Rosters for November Exhibitions, Training Camp
- Li Meng Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- USA Basketball Women's National Team to Play Tennessee, Duke in November
- Brittney Sykes Named to WNBA All-Defensive First Team
- Toliver's ACL Surgery a Success