Breaking in ESA
Washington opened its new home on June 1, defeating the Atlanta Dream 96-75 in front of a sold out crowd of 4,200. The Mystics now have 13 home wins over the last two seasons, the fourth-most in the league.
Most Home Wins, Since 2018
Los Angeles 12
Run it Back
The Mystics finished last season 22-12, tying their best record in franchise history set in 2010. Washington reached the Finals for the first time in team history, falling to the Seattle Storm in three games. Washington is looking to reach the playoffs for the third-consecutive year, which would tie the franchise record for consecutive playoff appearances, set from 2013-2015.
The Mystics are also looking for back-to-back 20+ win seasons for the first time in team history.
Most Wins, Season
2006, 2015, 2017 18
During the 2018 season, the Mystics also set franchise records in road victories (10) and for longest winning streak (8, 7/31-8/17).
MYSTICS HEAD COACH MIKE THIBAULT
On Ariel Atkins, Myisha Hines-Allen, and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough:
"They are our youngest ones and they have stepped up. One of the things in the offseason that we said is that we need to find some players who can take pressure off our veterans and so far, they have done it really, really well."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 5, 2019
- Aces Head to Atlanta to Begin Two-Game, East Coast Road Swing - Las Vegas Aces
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- Phoenix Mercury Re-Signs Leilani Mitchell - Phoenix Mercury
- Minnesota/Seattle Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Mystics Stories
- Toliver Named to WNBA All-Star Team
- Pair Return, Peddy Waived
- Delle Donne, Thibault to Participate in All-Star Game
- Mystics Game Update
- Mike Thibault Named Coach of the Month