Musketeers Suffer Weekend Sweep at Fargo
(Fargo, ND) - The Sioux City Musketeers led for most of Saturday night's contest but two third period goals propelled Fargo to a 2-1 victory.
Sioux City's lone goal came 5:20 into the first period when Joel Maatta found the back of the net, assisted by Mikey Adamson. The score held until Fargo tied things up with 7:08 left to play in regulation before scoring the game-winning goal two minutes later.
Alex Tracy finished with 29 saves for the Musketeers, who fall to 14-17-1 overall. Sioux City returns home this Friday to take on Lincoln.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2021
- Samoskevich Pots Overtime Winner to Lift Steel - Chicago Steel
- Sunday Shootout a Success - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Defeated by Stampede 4-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Black Hawks Defeat Lancers in Shootout, 4-3 - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Earn Weekend Sweep over Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Host Stampede for "Sunday Funday" - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Fall in Overtime to Stampede - Tri-City Storm
- Musketeers Suffer Weekend Sweep at Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Phantoms Fall to Chicago 4-3 in Overtime - Youngstown Phantoms
- Lancers Defeat Stars, 4-2 - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux City Musketeers Stories
- Musketeers Suffer Weekend Sweep at Fargo
- Musketeers Fall Friday in Fargo
- Weekend Preview: Fargo
- Edwards Named USHL Defenseman of the Week
- Musketeers Celebrate Valentines Day with Rivalry Win