Mudbugs Shutout RiverKings 2-0
SOUTHHAVEN, MS -- The Mudbugs penalty kill stopped all eight Memphis power plays and John DeCaro earned his second shutout in the form of a 2-0 win on Saturday night.
Both teams had several scoring chances in the first period but neither was able to convert.
A 15 minute delay took place to clean up a broken pane of plexi-glass in the second period. The Mudbugs emerged on the power play with Karlis Zirnis burying a centering feed at 11:21. The Bugs would carry the lead into the final intermission.
The Bugs scored once more in the third on a Kyle Musselman deflection at 13:25. Bossier-Shreveport's penalty kill and defense did the rest as John DeCaro stopped all 31 shots he faced in earning his second shutout this season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2007
- Eagles Lose Final Game 8-4 to Arizona - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Kings Of The Southwest Division - New Mexico Scorpions
- Scorpions Clinch Southwest with 5-3 Win Over Rage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- RiverKings close season with loss, playoff foe still undecided - Mississippi RiverKings
- Hounds do their part and and get Tough Victory at Tulsa - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz close season, playoffs begin Friday night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Shutout RiverKings 2-0 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Laredo Beats Corpus 5-2, Bucks Simoes Scores Two Goals - Laredo Bucks
- The fans have spoken, All-Time Team announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Richards on 14 Day IR, Wheaton to Start - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rage Doubled-up by Sundogs, 8-4 - Rocky Mountain Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.