Mud Hens Score Five Unanswered Runs and Win
LOUISVILLE, KY- The Louisville Bats (44-65) were defeated by the Toledo Mud Hens (48-59) in game two of this three-game series at Louisville Slugger Field by a score of 5-1.
The Bats struck first in the first when Darnell Sweeney scored off Brandon Dixon 's RBI single, which was his 43rd of the year.
The Mud Hens scored a run in the third and fourth inning respectively. Brendan Ryan had an RBI in the third inning and Efren Navarro had a sacrifice fly RBI in the fourth.
The Bats started left-handed pitcher Amir Garrett (1-3, 6.57) who took the loss tonight pitched five and two-thirds innings, allowed nine hits, five runs, only four were earned, one walk and home run, and recorded five strikeouts.
The Mud Hens brought eight to the plate in the sixth and scored three runs in the inning. Jeimer Candelario 's solo home run to deep left-center field highlighted the inning.
The Mud Hens started right-handed pitcher Buck Farmer (5-4, 4.10) who received the win tonight pitched eight innings, allowed five hits, one run, it was earned, one walk and six strikeouts.
The Bats and Mud Hens will be back-in-action tomorrow night with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 pm at Louisville Slugger Field. The Bats are expected to start right-handed pitcher Rookie Davis (1-1, 5.59), while the Mud Hens starter is to be announced.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 3, 2017
- Red Wings to Treat Thursday's Tickets as Rain Checks - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Grab Second Straight over Scranton - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Finish Sweep of Charlotte with Win - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Finale to Bulls 4-1 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Earn Sweep with Win over Sox - Syracuse Chiefs
- Indians Player of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- Eflin Takes Mound as Pigs Go for Sweep - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Brentz Homers Twice in 11-Inning Loss to Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Falu's Single Leads Chiefs Past PawSox in 11th - Syracuse Chiefs
- Early Lead Erased in Indy's Defeat - Indianapolis Indians
- Gwinnett defeats Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Drop Contest - Rochester Red Wings
- Mud Hens Score Five Unanswered Runs and Win - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Top RailRiders with Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Hoskins Ties Single-Season Homer Record in Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Fall to Bulls - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Power Past Knights - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.