Bisons Top RailRiders with Win
After losing the last thirteen games to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the Bisons snapped the drought with a 3-1 win on Wednesday Night at PNC Field. The Herd tallied three runs thanks in part to back-to-back doubles from Rowdy Tellez and Raffy Lopez in the fourth inning.
Bringing Dwight Smith Jr. home from first, Tellez worked a full count and gave Buffalo their first score of the night with a ground-rule double to center field. Raffy Lopez then took advantage of Tellez being in scoring position and sent a pitch deep to center field on the ensuing at bat to score the Bisons first baseman. The doubles were the twenty-first and thirteenth of the season for Tellez and Lopez respectively.
Gregorio Petit gave the Bisons their final run of the inning and the night when he drilled the first Bryan Mitchell pitch he saw. Sending a grounder to right field, Petit plated Lopez and gave the Herd a 3-1 lead.
The RailRiders only had one run on the night through a Ji-Man Choi double to right field in the second inning. Donovan Solano was able to make his way to home plate off of the double to prevent the shutout.
T.J. House had one of his best starts this season for the Herd on the mound. The southpaw had 6.1 innings to his name and allowed a single run on eight hits. House also dished six strikeouts in that span. Taylor Cole tossed 1.2 scoreless innings, dishing three strikeouts in that span. Chris Smith closed the final inning with scoreless relief.
Buffalo will finish up their road trip at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Thursday with a 7:05 p.m. matchup. Nick Tepesch (1-3, 5.00 ERA) will start for the Herd and Caleb Smith (8-0, 2.07 ERA) will be on the mound for the RailRiders.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 3, 2017
- Red Wings to Treat Thursday's Tickets as Rain Checks - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Grab Second Straight over Scranton - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Finish Sweep of Charlotte with Win - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Finale to Bulls 4-1 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Earn Sweep with Win over Sox - Syracuse Chiefs
- Indians Player of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- Eflin Takes Mound as Pigs Go for Sweep - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Brentz Homers Twice in 11-Inning Loss to Chiefs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Falu's Single Leads Chiefs Past PawSox in 11th - Syracuse Chiefs
- Early Lead Erased in Indy's Defeat - Indianapolis Indians
- Gwinnett defeats Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Drop Contest - Rochester Red Wings
- Mud Hens Score Five Unanswered Runs and Win - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Top RailRiders with Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Hoskins Ties Single-Season Homer Record in Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Fall to Bulls - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Power Past Knights - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 2018 Anthem Auditions Set for March 24
- Bisons to Accept Canadian Cash 'At Par' Through April at Coca-Cola Field for Single-Game Tickets, Concessions
- Bisons Announce 14-Game Spring Training Exhibition Schedule
- 2018 Bisons Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale, March 10. Team Adds Several New Promotions
- Opening Day is Free with Superhero 4-Pack